Hello I am pretty good at Ti basic and I read Christopher R. Mitchells book but am frustrated at the graphical limitations. I am trying to learn Hybrid Basic but I don't Know where to start or what to download. Can anyone Help?
TEXTLIB is a good place to start (and probably the only place to start.) It's in the pce/asm/programs section.

More libs will be included with DCE, when it's released.

Also, check out ICE Compiler (same folder as TEXTLIB) It's a little different (A LOT actually...), but it might work.
Jcsq6 wrote:
Hello I am pretty good at Ti basic and I read Christopher R. Mitchells book but am frustrated at the graphical limitations. I am trying to learn Hybrid Basic but I don't Know where to start or what to download. Can anyone Help?

Check out this page for some Hybrid Basic information. Also check out Library Helper for more information regarding the libraries involved in Hybrid Basic.
Battlesquid wrote:
Jcsq6 wrote:

Check out this page for some Hybrid Basic information. Also check out Library Helper for more information regarding the libraries involved in Hybrid Basic.

umm... Topic title asks for CE, the site you gave is for CSE
You can use TextLib by DrDnar found here:
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1340
or grosged's Sprite Library:
https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=549179
They have included directions for use.
In case the other one doesn't work check this out:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1K2M9DGsinUPibuA3_B-zv7G0OpF3pwVk
SM84CE wrote:
Battlesquid wrote:
Jcsq6 wrote:

umm... Topic title asks for CE, the site you gave is for CSE

He asked for Hybrid Basic help, so I assumed he meant the CSE. The title is a bit misleading...
Since you have a CE, I would strongly recommend that you try PT_'s ICE Compiler which still uses the TI-BASIC editor, but allows for insanely fast games that can use the whole color gamut available on the calc, the whole screen, and tons of drawing routines, such as sprite usage.
CalcMeister wrote:
Since you have a CE, I would strongly recommend that you try PT_'s ICE Compiler which still uses the TI-BASIC editor, but allows for insanely fast games that can use the whole color gamut available on the calc, the whole screen, and tons of drawing routines, such as sprite usage.

And make backups of your calc w/ TI-Connect CE when using ICE, that's like the most important take-away from this.

If using ICE, BACK UP YOUR CALC!!!!!!
CalcMeister wrote:

I tried Ice compiler but I didn’t know where to start or how to program or even what it was. But yes I agree it sounds like the best option. Also I do have textlib but can’t find any documentation on How to use it...
Jcsq6 wrote:
CalcMeister wrote:

I tried Ice compiler but I didn’t know where to start or how to program or even what it was. But yes I agree it sounds like the best option. Also I do have textlib but can’t find any documentation on How to use it...
ICE can be quite daunting to those who are used to the complexity of a BASIC program, but it isn't as difficult as you think. It's essentially programming a BASIC program with different functions, but same flow. Here are the main differences you need to pay attention to when writing in ICE:
    Most TI-BASIC Commands Won't Work. Yes, most of the built in functions will not work as they do in BASIC programs, but they're replaced by better and more robust ICE functions. Every available function is in the commands.html of the ICE download zip file.

You're Going To Use det() A Lot. When writing a graphically heavy ICE program, you may find that you're using the det() command every other line. This is because every drawing function is contained within det(). For instance, to set the color for the next drawing routine, you execute det(2,[COLOR]), but to draw a filled rectangle you execute det(36,[X],[Y],[WIDTH],[HEIGHT]). The first argument of det() determines the function.

If Statements Work Differently. Every if statement requires an End after its constituent functions, even if you only want the If to refer to one line. Also, there is no Then, only Else.
    Code:
    If [stuff]
    [commands]
    Else
    [other commands]
    End

If [stuff]
    [commands]
    End

READ THE DOCUMENTATION. Thoroughly read through both documentation.pdf and commands.html, in that order. There are many other snippets of info that would cripple your ICE program if you overlook.

Here's a Hello World program for ICE if you're still confused:

Code:
det(0                        //Opens the ICE output canvas
det(9,0                      //Ensures that all output is to the onscreen buffer
det(5,255                    //Fills the whole screen with color 255, which is white
det(18,"Hello, World!",0,0   //Prints "Hello, World!" to the top left corner of the screen, at (0,0)
Pause                        //Waits for the user to press [ENTER], similar to the BASIC version of Pause
det(1                        //Exits the ICE output canvas and returns to the homescreen
CalcMeister wrote:
Jcsq6 wrote:
CalcMeister wrote:

ICE can be quite daunting to those who are used to the complexity of a BASIC program, but it isn't as difficult as you think. It's essentially programming a BASIC program with different functions, but same flow. Here are the main differences you need to pay attention to when writing in ICE:
    Most TI-BASIC Commands Won't Work. Yes, most of the built in functions will not work as they do in BASIC programs, but they're replaced by better and more robust ICE functions. Every available function is in the commands.html of the ICE download zip file.

You're Going To Use det() A Lot. When writing a graphically heavy ICE program, you may find that you're using the det() command every other line. This is because every drawing function is contained within det(). For instance, to set the color for the next drawing routine, you execute det(2,[COLOR]), but to draw a filled rectangle you execute det(36,[X],[Y],[WIDTH],[HEIGHT]). The first argument of det() determines the function.

If Statements Work Differently. Every if statement requires an End after its constituent functions, even if you only want the If to refer to one line. Also, there is no Then, only Else.
    Code:
    If [stuff]
    [commands]
    Else
    [other commands]
    End

If [stuff]
    [commands]
    End

READ THE DOCUMENTATION. Thoroughly read through both documentation.pdf and commands.html, in that order. There are many other snippets of info that would cripple your ICE program if you overlook.

Here's a Hello World program for ICE if you're still confused:

Code:
det(0                        //Opens the ICE output canvas
det(9,0                      //Ensures that all output is to the onscreen buffer
det(5,255                    //Fills the whole screen with color 255, which is white
det(18,"Hello, World!",0,0   //Prints "Hello, World!" to the top left corner of the screen, at (0,0)
Pause                        //Waits for the user to press [ENTER], similar to the BASIC version of Pause
det(1                        //Exits the ICE output canvas and returns to the homescreen

So just to be clear... I type in the program into the basic program editor, and the run it from the ICE compiler. And I can find the commands in the read me?
Yep!
Doors CE with the xLIBCE libraries is indeed coming soon (TM), whatever it ends up being once TI finishes implementing its core features in the OS. Wink I was hoping to have some positive news on the Hybrid BASIC libraries/xLIBCE/Doors CE by now, but it's more like negative news.
KermMartian wrote:
Doors CE with the xLIBCE libraries is indeed coming soon (TM), whatever it ends up being once TI finishes implementing its core features in the OS. Wink I was hoping to have some positive news on the Hybrid BASIC libraries/xLIBCE/Doors CE by now, but it's more like negative news.

Is TI messing with our stuff and the OS again?
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Yep!

When i tried to compile the program i wrote, It did not show up in the ICE compiler? ":Edit... I read documentation and figured it out...
If you have questions about ICE, please post it in the appropiate topic. Anyway, your program needs to start with the imaginary i, followed by the output name. Hope this helps Smile
add the imaginary i to the first line [2nd][period], then a 8 character name for the prgm that isnt the source prgm name or a duplicate name

EDIT got ~ninja'd by PT_

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours