mr womp womp wrote:
Once It displayed it, I wanted to press clear to get rid of it, but instead of clearing it like on a physical calc, it just went crazy
You pressed the [up] key to access history. I believe that there's a bug in the TI-OS that causes it to access the LCD improperly when you go to the homescreen history, and on the real calculator, the LCD has some undocumented/undefined behavior that makes things work anyway. On jsTIfied, which implements the LCD strictly according to the spec in the datasheet, something goes wrong. I have been sporadically poking at this for a while with no particular results, since it happens rarely. If I get some free time, I'll try to poke at it again. Thanks for reminding me.
As you know, even after a file is uploaded the progress bars do not reach 100%. Furthermore, it seems that in my axe game, the [enter] key acts like the [down] key, and not like normal.
I don't know if this is really a bug, but the screen is very weird displayed. When I run ANY app, it displays some weird stuff, and I need to reset them to store to normal - until I open an app.

Is it jsTIfied, my ROM or my browser (Chrome, Opera and Egde do have it)

EDIT: IE 11.63 won't autoload any program or app to jsTIfied.
This is the LCD panic mode, which I implemented last night. I was using it to help me debug the panic mode that Graph3DC induces in the TI-OS horizontal split-screen, but I didn't realize it would trigger on whatever Doors CSE is doing there. What other apps cause it? I guess I'm being more liberal with what triggers panic mode than the real LCD controller; I'll see if I can repair that.
KermMartian wrote:
This is the LCD panic mode, which I implemented last night. I was using it to help me debug the panic mode that Graph3DC induces in the TI-OS horizontal split-screen, but I didn't realize it would trigger on whatever Doors CSE is doing there. What other apps cause it? I guess I'm being more liberal with what triggers panic mode than the real LCD controller; I'll see if I can repair that.

As far as I know and tried, only DoorsCSE and Graph3DC. Not Finance (or whatever)
Thanks for the report. I have reverted the panic mode changes for now while I narrow down further what exactly causes it on hardware, because apparently I didn't get it exactly right. Smile
The clock in jsTIfied is linked to the computer time, so it is impossible to change the calculator to a different time or date. This also makes speed testing inaccurate because the emulator does not operate at a consistent speed, yet the time is not scaled to reflect the fluctuations. Wabbitemu provides a consistent timer output no matter what the speed is set to.
Can you be more specific about the speed? When you are in bound-speed mode, the emulator is designed to (and in my experience, does) run at 100% of the hardware's speed, as long as your browser can handle it.
KermMartian wrote:
Can you be more specific about the speed? When you are in bound-speed mode, the emulator is designed to (and in my experience, does) run at 100% of the hardware's speed, as long as your browser can handle it.

The times are consistent in bound-speed mode, but the time is not adjusted when running the calculator in the unrestricted mode. Here is a comparison, the top two trials are at 100% and the bottom two are unrestricted:

jsTIfied:                         Wabbitemu:
Bug report: not open source. This flies directly against the community values of collaboration and learning.
Weird screen glitches when using with a KnightOS CSE ROM (available from the [Jenkins page](http://builds.knightos.org/job/KnightOS/).

The ROM works perfectly in Wabbit, and the JS console returns nothing.
New bug on the TI 84 pcse, with scrolling up in the home screen. Scrolling upwards through previous calculations past 1 causes screen bugs and a rom refresh is necessary.

I wanted to look closely at the screen, so I clicked on [Enter Full Screen]. Now that I have entered full screen, there seems to be no way to exit. It also shows only part of the screen.

I tried this with TI-82 ROM 16.0 and have been too lazy to try it with other ROMs, since it shouldn't matter. Loading a ROM before agreeing to the Terms of Service will make jsTIfied act like it is starting the calculator, but it will sit at a black screen until you agree to the Terms of Service and load the ROM again. Easily reproducible with Private Browsing in Firefox 45ESR.
*bump*

When I was testing my Rubik's cube program, and I exited out of the graph screen, the emulator crashed.

Screenshot:

How do I fix this without losing my program? Or will I have to reset the emulator, and lose my program?

This is a TI-84+ CSE ROM, by the way. Unfortunately, I have no way of checking what OS it is, as jStified currently doesn't work, and the clac that I got the ROM form is.... well, gone forever.
Did you go to the history at the homescreen? That is a known glitch.
Yes, but I used 2nd [Quit] to get out of that, and that didn't cause any problems. It was when I exited the graph screen that this occurred.

EDIT: I used the Reset button, and rewrote my program (no loss there), but someone might want to investigate this.
Alex wrote:
Have a bug report for jsTIfied? Post it here and be sure to include the following:

• The ROM you are using
  • The OS of the ROM
  • Steps required to replicate the issue
    • Specific programs? Applications?
  • A brief description of about the error message and what happened.

Please don't link to the ROM you were using, the detailed name of the calculator is enough - i.e. TI-84+ versus TI-84+SE.

TI-84SE+
TI-OS 4.2
push the up arrow on the main menu
the home menu
Pushing the up arrow on the main menu of Jstified causes the display to glitch, forcing a calculator reset. Wabbitemu is able to scroll without issue, and a 84+SE rom doesn't have any issues, so I believe this is a bug in jsTIfied.
shawnjoseph2001 wrote:
Alex wrote:
Have a bug report for jsTIfied? Post it here and be sure to include the following:

• The ROM you are using
  • The OS of the ROM
  • Steps required to replicate the issue
    • Specific programs? Applications?
  • A brief description of about the error message and what happened.

Please don't link to the ROM you were using, the detailed name of the calculator is enough - i.e. TI-84+ versus TI-84+SE.

TI-84SE+
TI-OS 4.2
push the up arrow on the main menu
the home menu
Pushing the up arrow on the main menu of Jstified causes the display to glitch, forcing a calculator reset. Wabbitemu is able to scroll without issue, and a 84+SE rom doesn't have any issues, so I believe this is a bug in jsTIfied.

Caleb_J wrote:
*bump*

When I was testing my Rubik's cube program, and I exited out of the graph screen, the emulator crashed.

Screenshot:

How do I fix this without losing my program? Or will I have to reset the emulator, and lose my program?

This is a TI-84+ CSE ROM, by the way. Unfortunately, I have no way of checking what OS it is, as jStified currently doesn't work, and the clac that I got the ROM form is.... well, gone forever.

This bug has been fixed:
https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=264955#264955
I love jsTIfied and it's extremely useful, but I have 3 problems.
1: It doesn't emulate the calculator's actual speed. Although having fast speed is nice, there's an option for even faster speed. I'd like jsTIfied to emulate the calculator's speed acurately. (I don't know if this is possible though)
2: Website memory storage. Sometimes, the site keeps the files on the ROM, and sometimes, it doesn't. I'd really like to see this improved because I have to have DoorsCSE in my downloads folder taking up unnecessary space on my PC in case for some reason it's not saved.
3: Inverting the screen colors with real(0,3,2 (usually when done really fast) leaves permanent white bars on the screen until the program is exited while it functions correctly on the calculator itself.

BONUS BUG REPORT: I don't know if it works with the other versions or not but I tried the KnightOSCSE ROM on jsTIfied and it just filled the screen with purple while it worked on Wabbitemu.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours