I think A, because it balances the game out and prevents the player from “wanting to die”.
A! A! I vote A!
incase you're unsure which one I want, I want A! Razz
You may have a hard time making your users happy, unless you make it possible for them to choose between A and B, JamesV Smile
Ipheonix makes a valid point; death should have a showable loss.
I agree, death should have some kind of penalty. I've uploaded v1.2.1 to the archives so it will be available soon Smile Changes are as follows:

- Fixed the "warp into wall" bug in one of the maps in the Pyramid of Snakes.
- Can now press [2nd] to finish talking/reading/viewing inventory.
- Fixed a bug with partial heart level when starting a game.
- Wells now fully heal all your hearts, with the cost being increased to 150 Gold (up from 100 Gold).
- Reduced Gold loss upon death to 1/4 (down from 1/2).
- Player now revives at a nearby Well of Life after death.

Additionally, I added in a little nod to the potential Banchor II Razz
I've almost beaten the game! Very Happy Now I just have to defeat Banchor.
I don't know if this is intentional, but with Anazar bosses maze, you can pass through a wall and talk to the person before you beat the boss.

Amazing game!

EDIT: in the readme, you said that there could be hidden passages in some places. How do I find them? Do I just run into walls and see if I pass through them? Or do I have to interact with them to find them?
Awesome, it's great to hear you've had fun playing it Smile To be honest, I'm not entirely sure now if that (re: Anazar's dungeon) was intended. I also noticed it during my testing of the port, and I can't remember if that was a testing shortcut that I forgot to close, but I decided to leave it as it was.

Most of the no-clip fake walls are mandatory, in that you need to find them to get to bosses, etc. so you've probably found most/all of them. Although I think there are 1 or 2 underground caves/temples that appear to have nothing in them, but have a room hidden behind a fake wall. But yes, pretty much trial and error trying to walk through walls. Is it too frustrating to find like that? Should I add a small visual clue? Or do you think it's good to leave it as is?

I also considered adding in difficulty levels, but didn't end up doing it. If I did, I was thinking something along the lines of:

Easy - Reduced damage from enemies, reduce HP for enemies.
Normal - No change to current game.
Hard - Same enemy damage & HP, but Gold death penalty to be 1/2. Maybe increase maximum enemies on screen from 4 to 6?
Hardcore - If you die, you have to restart (like in Minecraft, Diablo, etc.)
Peaceful - Enemies don't do any damage, player can free walk anywhere except out of the map boundaries. This mode would only be available once Banchor has been defeated, if the player wanted to make sure they've fully explored everything without having to deal with enemies.

If I ever get around to doing a 4-bit colour update at some stage, I'll probably add in the above as well.
How do we get out of the meadows/how do we find the boots.
AND WHERE IS THE RING OF MIGHT?????
AND WHERE IS THE CRYSTAL FOR THE DESERT?
#Tankidaboss wrote:
How do we get out of the meadows/how do we find the boots.
AND WHERE IS THE RING OF MIGHT?????
AND WHERE IS THE CRYSTAL FOR THE DESERT?
I'll send you a PM with some help Smile
I too need help, I can't seem to find the location of the last crystal.
On that note, I can try to make a tutorial on how to find these items if you'd like. (once I beat the game of course) Smile

EDIT: I feel bad, I asked a question without answering anything that you asked. Sad
As for the secret passages, since there are only a few of them, I think a small visual clue would be helpful.
I also like you difficulty level names and what they do. Maybe add more HP to enemies in hardcore mode?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I too need help, I can't seem to find the location of the last crystal.
On that note, I can try to make a tutorial on how to find these items if you'd like. (once I beat the game of course) Smile

EDIT: I feel bad, I asked a question without answering anything that you asked. Sad
As for the secret passages, since there are only a few of them, I think a small visual clue would be helpful.
I also like you difficulty level names and what they do. Maybe add more HP to enemies in hardcore mode?
I'll send a PM re the crystal Smile And sure, you're more than welcome to put together some kind of walkthough or guide. On top of the Overworld map, I also have exports of all the dungeons, caves, etc. which I can send if you want them.

Sounds good, I'll make some notes for a future revision.
I beat Banchor!!!
Wow, that was difficult! (~8 tries)
When you can, could you PM me the map for the rest of the world?
Thanks, amazing game! Good Idea
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I beat Banchor!!!
Wow, that was difficult! (~8 tries)
When you can, could you PM me the map for the rest of the world?
Thanks, amazing game! Good Idea
Nice work! Definitely, I'll upload them and send you a link now Smile
I can't find the winged boots, can you PM me where they are?
I can't seem to find the right way to Banchor...like through the fake walls
#Tankidaboss wrote:
I can't seem to find the right way to Banchor...like through the fake walls
I'll PM you something shortly Smile
How do you find the Ring of Might?
DanielSquad wrote:
I replied to your PM Smile
JamesV wrote:
DanielSquad wrote:
I replied to your PM Smile
I found the ring. Thanks for the map! I'm close to beating the game!
I wish I had time to play this game all the way through, it looks unreal!

I will make time to do it over the summer with any luck Smile.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours