» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saw a cool cloud and took a picture of it with my phone.

However my phones camera is pretty bad so I grabbed my good camera. Unfortunately it took me a while to find it and the clouds had moved a bit. Nevertheless I thought it looked pretty cool, especially after I fiddled with the photo settings a bit.

Freaking power lines though Mad
It's still a cool cloud! I really love white puffy clouds so it's cool to see photos of them. Were these taken near sunset or sunrise? I love the orange glow inside of them.
Thanks! This was taken just as sunset was starting. I too love the colors, although I did bring them out a little bit with editing.
Week #2 of my double vacation, took these photos! Over the next few days I'll be location scouting for my Eclipse landscape. I do not intend to take this as one photo. I'll be taking a photo of the landscape then a second photo of the eclipse. I really like doing everything in camera but for something like this, I don't think it'll be possible. I'll certainly take a landscape photo during the eclipse but merely for a comparison.

Chipmunk Engagement by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Waterfall by Alex Glanville, on Flickr
Oh well, I've got 2 weeks vacation, and of course I've shot a bunch of photo's, so here are the nicest one in my opinion. Click on each pic to enlarge it (my mobile takes freaking big photo's Razz)

Nature:

Trains:

Other:
A small ICE and a big ICE! This is amazing; thank you for sharing.
Looks like it was a good vacation!
I am back from vacation too! I took a whopping total of 1289 images, of which I wish to share 24 here. They are in no way edited, straight out of the camera. I will hopefully enhance them over the course of the next days or weeks and either edit this post or make a new one or make nothing if I don't see a point in it.

Let's go on the ride (thanks to PT_ for the thumbnail idea!):

Please go harsh and nitpicky on me about the image's composition and overall quality and whatever else you find worth mentioning, this is the only way I'll do it better next time. Wink Oh, and don't forget to mention if an image is, in at least your opinion, not even worth sharing as a good photograph. I had trouble selecting those 24, and it is still a bit too much. I will gladly remove at least a third of them. Thanks!
That's really awesome Nik! Makes me want to go travel right this instant =D
Nik:That fog around the mountain makes for a really cool atmospheric picture. Also, good shot on that lizard!

PT: Those waterfall pics are great, did you bring a tripod with you? Where did you go? Those landscapes are pretty great!
California got some real weather recently. I wasn't going to photograph the lightning because I was convinced I'd have to drive somewhere to get a good photo and I didn't really want to drive somewhere high to then get struck by lightning. So, I stayed home. One of my friends texted me a photo he took from his front yard and wanted to know if I was getting any. I said no then he convinced me to get outside.

And everyone, it was something. I walked out and to a local park and there was lighting in every direction but the West. I shot with a 14mm lens since I wanted to capture the most sky. I had some troubles as I'd point the camera East then a flash would be to the North and wouldn't be in the frame. I'd notice there's a bunch of activity to the North so I point my camera that way then a bolt happens to the East.

This photo is cropped quite a bit, maybe to a fourth of it's original size because there was a lot of negative space. Cropping it in allowed me to show off the rain that's pouring down with the bolt of lightning.

I'm not a photo expert but it was my understanding that lightning has to complete a circuit, and that circuit is usually the Earth. Yet, this photo doesn't show any branch of lightning making contact with the ground, or anything on the ground. Could it have hit a plane? This is not a split second photo, this was exposed for 13 seconds and this bolt happened about half way through. My only gripe with this photo is that it's a bit out of focus. BUT, I get to cross lightning off my photo bucket list.

I still want to photograph it. One day I'll be ready and drive to a spot to capture it. Hopefully the lightning will be concentrated to one area so I can frame the photo rather than shoot on a wide angle lens, crop the photo, and deal with distortion.

Lightning by Alex Glanville, on Flickr
Went to the zoo for the first time in like 20 years yesterday.

Frog & Snake by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Zaboomafoo by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Flamingo by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Model by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Beautiful by Alex Glanville, on Flickr
Wow. That’s quite amazing.

I really like the spider one, it is spot on.

Just a tip, and I’m no expert, moving the center of attention away from the center is a good idea.

Supposedly there’s a rule of thirds or something, where you imagine your image is split into thirds, and put the focus on divide between the first third and the second third, or the second third and the third third of the image.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Just a tip, and I’m no expert, moving the center of attention away from the center is a good idea.

Supposedly there’s a rule of thirds or something, where you imagine your image is split into thirds, and put the focus on divide between the first third and the second third, or the second third and the third third of the image.

Yup! Rule of Thirds. Primarily, I was there to enjoy the Zoo and the company I was with than get photos of the animals; the zoo has photographers for that. Smile
I caught a sunset from a plane a while back, it produced some pretty nice pictures, but of course, these were taken with my phone, looking out of a grimy window on a bumpy plane, so there's only so much I can do Razz

Of course, I edited the pic to make the colors stick out more, it wasn't quite this vivid irl. Wink

This one is from the Shawn Mendes concert at the Bell Center in Montreal. The arena was very foggy, but I think it turned out quite nice. I think the idea is for the fans to look like stars and the ball to look like a moon or something... It kinda looks like a starry sky Rolling Eyes

mr womp womp wrote:
I caught a sunset from a plane a while back, it produced some pretty nice pictures, but of course, these were taken with my phone, looking out of a grimy window on a bumpy plane, so there's only so much I can do Razz

Of course, I edited the pic to make the colors stick out more, it wasn't quite this vivid irl. Wink

Regardless, sunsets and sunrises are arguably more gorgeous from a plane. I've seen pink clouds created from an orange red horizon that gradients into deep blue sky. Almost exactly what you have here. It makes the red eye worth it every single time.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

Alex has never once created a photo that follows the rule of thirds.\\Here, have some meta:

IMG_20170520_134106 by Nikky, on Flickr
Went to a car show:

IMG_1529.jpg by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

IMG_1545.jpg by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

IMG_1597.jpg by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

IMG_1535.jpg by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Also test rode a Model 3. It's an incredible car, can't wait for the future of electric vehicles.

Photobomb by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Bought a second flash a few weeks ago and have been playing around with it. First time using it as an off-camera flash. For some reason the metadata says the flash didn't fire when it did, so I think it may be related to the accessories used to link the camera to the flash.

Challenges by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Mini Me is starting to show signs of age as he's pretty hard to clean and I broke a small piece of him a about two months back. I think it's time to start thinking about Mini Me #2.

Epic by Alex Glanville, on Flickr
Do you consider acquiring more gear as the best way to improve your photography skills?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 31 of 44
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours