[center][/center]

Hey everyone! It's that time of the month where we announce our end of the month event that we sometimes hold! Very Happy

This time is something different. I figured since Halloween falls on the last weekend of the month (more or less) that we'd do something more fitting the theme! So over the last 2 months, I've been retrofitting a mansion to have puzzles, tricks, and treats to keep you all busy. Smile

Each level you traverse gets gradually harder, with puzzles and mazes getting more intense as you go. Once you complete the third floor of the mansion, you can head below where you will be able to head into the depths of the mansion's basement!

The rules of this map:

-You cannot break or place blocks, so make sure you are taking good gear, and solid weapons, and restorative items to keep you alive.
-This is a cooperative event. You're going to want to have a team of 4 people to take this map on. No killing your friends! And it might be beneficial if you can audio chat with your group to help coordinate tactics and puzzle solving.
-No sharing your experiences of the world until after the event is over. I want everyone to get the full experiences of this event without outside interference.
-You cannot ask tifreak8x for help. Seriously, you are dropped in, you are on your own. If you guys want to quit, then /spawn or /home out. Once you are out, that's it. If you die, that's it.
-You CAN video record your adventure! And I actually encourage the recording and posting of your adventure! It helps me see where I may need to change how I do things for possible future events. Smile

Disallowed items:
Eggs
Ender Pearls
Spawn eggs
Chorus fruit (no teleportation)

The event will start Saturday, October 28th and last until at least Sunday, but could go for a few more days depending on interest and people's schedules.

I ask that you get with fellow players and set yourselves up some teams. 4 should work out well, no more than 5 will be allowed. Once a team is prepped, you guys need to schedule when a good time will be for you.

On Saturday, I will be unavailable to start anything until around 2pm EST. Sunday will be an all day thing.

Any questions, feel free to post them up and I'll address them as soon as I'm able to. Please use this topic to discuss who all is on your team, and what time slot you'd like to do. Please keep in mind that if you all want to go at 4pm est, I can create clone worlds of the event to put everyone into. But it would be easier if we could spread it out some. Wink
The mod team ran through this yesterday and it was tons of fun with some incredible loot along the way as well! I recommend at least 3 people on your team and that you set aside a couple hours of your day (perhaps ~3 hours). If you manage to succeed the loot is incredibly worth it.

It'll be hard and it may get repetitive but stick with it Wink
Will we be able to use shulker boxes and enderchests to store loot in? I generally carry a lot of gear with me while raiding things, and I toss all loot that I get into a shulker box in my enderchest. Can we break and place shulker boxes during the event? If not, are there shulker box stations and enderchests available in the mansion? I don't want to come up with a complex strategy only to find out that I can't access any of the items needed for it while already in the mansion.

Also, will there be lightning happening constantly as shown in the GIF? I might record the event and lightning would look better if I had shaders applied.

Does the block protection use adventure mode or permission nodes? Can we use spawn eggs? Boats?
Is this only on the java edition? and if so, can it be ported? sounds fun!
commandblockguy wrote:
Will we be able to use shulker boxes and enderchests to store loot in?

Rules wrote:
You cannot break or place blocks

commandblockguy wrote:
Does the block protection use adventure mode or permission nodes?

Adventure mode.

Quote:
Can we use spawn eggs? Boats?

Why would you want to use those?

john35588 wrote:
Is this only on the java edition?

Correct, the Cemetech Server is only for Java clients.

Quote:
and if so, can it be ported? sounds fun!

That would depend on world-file compatibility between the Java & Windows/C versions of the game.
john35588 wrote:
Is this only on the java edition? and if so, can it be ported? sounds fun!

This is an event on the Cemetech Minecraft server, which is Java edition only.
EDIT (I have been ~ninja'd while typing this):
Alex wrote:
That would depend on world-file compatibility between the Java & Windows/C versions of the game.

There is a world converter from Java to PE.

I also have a few more questions (still working on developing a strategy).

Are there crating tables accessible inside?
Is keepInventory on?
Is fireTick on?
Is mobGriefing on?
Is progression linear (moving through one room at a time with time to heal in between) or non-linear (monsters attacking from all sides and players can take multiple paths through the mansion)?
Can I bring a horse, llama, wolf, cat, minecart, or golem with me?
No
No.
Yes.
You can sort of go through as you want and skip rooms. However, you cannot go into the basement areas until the upstairs puzzles are completed.
No.
I wanted to pop in here and reinforce what comicIDIOT said. Comic, LittleMoonBeam, and I played this event map on Saturday afternoon, and found it to be absolutely incredibly fun. It required a lot of cooperation and coordination (we used Skype), it had things that were fun surprises, things that were scary and not-so-good surprises, had great loot, and clearly had a ton of work into it. I hope you will all enjoy and appreciate it in the spirit that tifreak8x made it, and take the time to really figure it out.
So with no shulker boxes, we have to ration our inventory space and make decisions about what's worth keeping and what to throw away? Drat. That means if you bring more potions or totems than you end up needing, you might be forced to throw some away to make room for loot.
Very true, DrDnar! I personally took god apples with me, along with a regen potion, golden carrots, and steak.

Thanks for the kind words, Kerm Smile

Hopefully more interest pops up and teams start forming soon!
I only eat golden carrots. Got enough totems and super-enchanted apples, too. Just need teammates with skills.

EDIT: Looks like ACag, Rivereye, me, and commandblockguy might be forming a team.
That sounds like a team bringing a nice variety of talents and expertise together. Who else has a team that they're forming?
Um, I don't know, but am I on a team already? I can only do Sunday afternoon most likely. If no one else can join me, is it possible, although probably very difficult, to the Halloween event alone?
Lord_Charlemagne wrote:
Um, I don't know, but am I on a team already? I can only do Sunday afternoon most likely. If no one else can join me, is it possible, although probably very difficult, to the Halloween event alone?
I sent you a PM, in game. You're with me/river/dr/command.
I'd assume its possible to do it alone.
ACagliano wrote:
Lord_Charlemagne wrote:
I sent you a PM, in game. You're with me/river/dr/command.
I'd assume its possible to do it alone.
You cannot do it alone. In order to make it easier to split the loot, I suspect a few teams of 3 or 4 would be better than a huge team of 6 or 7, in case you get one more person.
Well, the end prize is splittable amongst more than 4, it's set for 4 players. And the limit of players is 5 total.

I've also updated the rules to show that eggs, spawn eggs, and ender pearls are prohibited.

As Kerm said, you cannot complete this mansion alone. You can do a number of things on your own, but you'd never progress to the final stages, as it requires 3 to do so.
tifreak8x wrote:
As Kerm said, you cannot complete this mansion alone. You can do a number of things on your own, but you'd never progress to the final stages, as it requires 3 to do so.

That's quite clever. I'm assuming you did it using buttons/pressure plates that need to be pressed at the same time?

Or did you just use command blocks?

Actually, it would be cool if you could put the event world up for download after the event, unless, of course, you plan to use it later.
There's various pressure plates that you stand on that allows other players to advance to either get things, or force the doors to remain open. Smile I was trying to find ways to make it cooperative while still being a bit competitive.
I just want to wish everyone luck tomorrow as I will not be around tomorrow; I might be around Sunday. It's an incredibly fun and engaging event. You'll need to be persistent and determined to reach the end. You will make mistakes but that's okay. That said, I cannot emphasize enough, the time it will take to complete. Hedge your bets on 3 hours from start to finish. Not 3 hours from "I'm ready." That's three hours from when your team starts the event. So, for the sake of your team PLEASE be ready on the time you guys agreed upon. If you're going to be ready at 3pm then be ready at 3pm, not signing on at 3pm and getting and prepping your gear for the next 30-45 minutes. If you are a team of 5 waiting on the forth player, tifreak MAY just start the event without player #5, or even Player #4. Especially if there's another team scheduled to player after you. This adventure puzzle will require a team of at least require 3 players but 4 is recommended (in case one of you dies!)

A helpful checklist:
  • Helmet?
  • Chest/Elytra?
  • Leggings?
  • Boots?
  • Shield?
  • Torch (if you have Optifine)?
  • Food?
  • Weapons?
  • Potions?
  • Arrows?
  • Compass?
  • Map?
  • Back up armor?
  • Back up weapons?
  • Multiple tipped arrows?
  • Milk?
  • Buckets?

Some other hints:
  • Remember that this is a puzzle! Decide what's worth keeping and what's worth ignoring/leaving behind in chests.
  • Cooperation will go a long way! Split your group into teams of 2 and venture together. Someone may need to stand on a pressure plate, or push a button so the other can enter another room.
  • Do you really want to stand on that pressure plate?
  • Do you really want to push that button?
  • Do you really want to pull that lever?
  • Do you really want to open that chest?
  • Don't get stuck
  • There's nothing worth while underneath
  • There may be more than one way to The End
  • There's nothing outside the town worth exploring
    • Seriously.

• You die in the event you can't go back.
  • Make sure you take what you can afford to lose.
  • Maybe you can convince your team mates to pick up your stuff?
burning_pocket, o2b_blockbusting, and Michael2_3B will be a team. Right now it looks like 1:30 pm eastern on Sunday will be when we can do the event.

Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours