Even if Cesium unarchives the prgm, it's only the copy that is in RAM, the program itself is still in the archive.
Ah, so that is how it works.
thanks!
john35588 wrote:
Ah, so that is how it works.
thanks!

No problem! I found this out with my CE connected to TI-Connect CE
Is there ever going to be a hook where you hold the "ON" key and press another button to open Cesium like in DoorsCSE?

Also, is it possible to keep hidden programs from showing up after a RAM reset? Very Happy
jcgter777 wrote:
Is there ever going to be a hook where you hold the "ON" key and press another button to open Cesium like in DoorsCSE?

There can be. What buttons would you like?

jcgter777 wrote:
Also, is it possible to keep hidden programs from showing up after a RAM reset? Very Happy

Do you have the "RAM Backup" option selected?
I would like "on" then "prgm"
It works! Thanks Mateo! Very Happy

Also, it doesn't matter what hook keys are used. It's just a lot more convenient.
Though the RAM back up works, it makes running programs really slow. Backing up takes a long time. Is it possible to speed up the process, or back up while the program is running?
jcgter777 wrote:
Though the RAM back up works, it makes running programs really slow. Backing up takes a long time. Is it possible to speed up the process, or back up while the program is running?

No. Backing up ram should be avoided anyway; it's just a feature to prevent programs from reseting the ram. The issue is that when programs are stored in the archive and a reset occurs; the VAT will be rebuilt with the items in the archive. I'll look into it more I guess. You shouldn't even need this feature; why do you want to protect against ram clears?
I like experimenting with random things, and resets happen a lot.
A few weeks ago, a really big program I typed got deleted when I tried to use some Asm hexcodes in it.
ON+prgm is the launch DCSE shortcut, ON+STAT is the immediate APD that DCSE added, I suggest ON+APPS to run Cesium.
You can test the [on]+[prgm] hook in the pre-release. Let me know if you encounter any bugs Smile

https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/cesium/releases/tag/v2.3.5

Also, as for hidden programs reappearing, simply unarchive and unhide; and then rearchive and hide. This will fix that issue. Note that you cannot hide a previously archived program; it must be unarchived before hiding.
The on+prgm hook doesn't work. Does it have to be off or anywhere?

Also, can you make it so that asm programs in basic using Asm84CEprgm be able to run in Cesium? It doesn't work yet.
jcgter777 wrote:
The on+prgm hook doesn't work. Does it have to be off or anywhere?

What are you talking about; I just confirmed it works on both hardware and inside an emulator. Razz

jcgter777 wrote:
Also, can you make it so that asm programs in basic using Asm84CEprgm be able to run in Cesium? It doesn't work yet.

I guess I can Razz
I have OS 5.3. Would that affect anything?
Edit: It works! I just had to enable keypad shortcuts in the settings.

No bugs yet! Very Happy
jcgter777 wrote:
I have OS 5.3. Would that affect anything?
Edit: It works! I just had to enable keypad shortcuts in the settings.

Ah yep it doesn't reload the default settings if you had a previous version installed. Razz
That makes sense
I thought that Cesium just ran the programs from archive, and since the OS can run hex programs on the homescreen w/o the Asm( token, why can't Cesium?
jcgter777 wrote:
That makes sense
I thought that Cesium just ran the programs from archive, and since the OS can run hex programs on the homescreen w/o the Asm( token, why can't Cesium?

This is because I was too lazy to handle it because I didn't really see many people wanting to do it.

Also one neat thing is that if you have ram backup enabled, the hook will persist through a ram reset. I'm thinking about making a hook so when you press it on the program menu screen it will launch that selected program too Razz
That's a great idea! Way to go, Mateo!
It works GREAT! love it! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 24
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours