This is a sort of weird question but sort of breaks do people have in the fall around the world. I'm from Minnesota and we have this thing called MEA which is basically a 4-6 day weekend for students up to high school so that teachers can brush up on some skills (I think). I've been wondering this for a while and never really realized that MEA is a Minnesota only thing.
At this time fall is only breaking around the Northern Hemisphere. Spring is currently starting south of the Equator, where sunlight hits the Earth in a different way.

We don't have anything like that here in Texas. That's probably because of the difference in temperature. It was 72 degrees today and probably the coldest it will get this month.
I've already had my two-week fall break. It was pretty great Razz
This year the break between terms 3 and 4 fell in the two weeks around the beginning of October.
We (utah) get a UEA break, usualy 2 school days off.
Tari wrote:

I find it funny that's even considered a holiday, I thought it was normal to have a few weeks between semesters/terms. But, admittedly, you're way beyond the grade level this sort of break is given to Razz I definitely had this in high school but nothing like it in college.

matkeller19 wrote:
...or students up to high school...
This week most schools and colleges here had Monday off for Columbus Day, which I fully support replacing with Indigenous Peoples' Day. The other major Fall break we have is at the end of November, for US Thanksgiving.
My university did not observe Columbus Day, so I still had to go to classes like a normal Monday. We don't get breaks until Thanksgiving. But what's more, they do not even observe the full week of Thanksgiving - only the latter half. As for Christmas, the break is only around three weeks long, depending on how late my finals are.

It's tough here.
Alex wrote:
But, admittedly, you're way beyond the grade level this sort of break is given to Razz I definitely had this in high school but nothing like it in college.
Oh yeah, it's business as usual for me but can still contribute general information for the thread. Razz
I'm in middle school and we don't have break until Thanksgiving and we get 4 days.
I have the entirety of next week off from Uni Very Happy

And no, my college still did not take off for Columbus Day unfortunately.
oldmud0 wrote:
As for Christmas, the break is only around three weeks long, depending on how late my finals are.

It's tough here.

Holy crap three weeks? We get 1.5 at most (in high school)...
andressevilla wrote:
oldmud0 wrote:
As for Christmas, the break is only around three weeks long, depending on how late my finals are.

It's tough here.

I think I get 3.5 weeks Razz Almost a whole month just to program.... Laughing
MateoConLechuga wrote:
andressevilla wrote:
oldmud0 wrote:

It's tough here.

I think I get 3.5 weeks Razz Almost a whole month just to program.... 0x5

Not to be annoying but Oiram? Smile Haven't heard from you about it yet and it would be great to know even if you have no plans for updating it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours