Note: Lost the first post due to accidentally closing the window. Much too late at night to try to recreate in full.

Geekboy1011 and I were discussing what would be easy enough to port/rewrite for the CE. He suggested this game and I got to work. A few days later, the following is what I got:

* Radial movement with 64 degrees (left/right control)
* 3 difficulties plus 1 unlockable and 1 hidden
* stage progression
* Pixel color-based collision detection

Known issues:
* Lazy circle placement. Won't fix.
* No readme. Will fix eventually.

The screenshot below demonstrates Cerkel Snek gameplay

This thing is basically done, but I feel like I'm missing something important. Feedback would be appreciated. Follow the project on GitHub
As for the title, forgive me. The imgurians have corrupted me. Also, check this out. That's what happens when there's no limiters. 10% throttle still wasn't good enough to control it.

EDIT: You can now find the game in the Cemetech archives.
EDIT2: I seem to keep getting the question "Why not just call the game Uncle Worm because it's pretty much that?"
(1) Didn't want to call it Uncle Worm. That was their own clever name and it felt wrong that time to simply copy that. The name is mentioned in-game in the About section, though.
(2) Snek? Clever? Maybe. Maybe not. But I saw too many cute/silly pics with that word plastered on them to not associate snakes with that. And this is a snake game.
(3) If I called it Uncle Worm, I'd have felt obligated for some reason to put in a graphic showing a worm or something. I was too lazy to do that.
Explosion animations for circle DESTRUCTION!

Ok that aside, looks awesome and shows how speedy working with the CE can be, nice work! Smile.
How close is this to being done/ in the archives?
Very nice indeed. I'd love to see more TI-83/84/+ monochrome games ported over to the CE so that they can be experienced by a new generation. Especially games by authors such as Badja, who had some really cool releases, like Crates3D and Lotus! Maybe when (if) I find some spare time, I'll work on doing some.
Sr. Boomblesnoot! This reminds me of Uncle Worm Razz

This looks great Iambian! Keep up the great work Very Happy
It is Uncle Worm/Ported from Uncle Worm. Confused
Nice Work doh Smile
tr1p1ea wrote:
Explosion animations for circle DESTRUCTION!

Ok that aside, looks awesome and shows how speedy working with the CE can be, nice work! Smile.

That sounds like a great idea. Everything is made better with explosions!

And indeed. C is a wonderful thing for productivity compared to assembly.

SM84CE wrote:
How close is this to being done/ in the archives?

When I feel that I have a product of sufficient quality. Until then, follow the project's progress on GitHub. I just made a release.

JamesV wrote:
Very nice indeed. I'd love to see more TI-83/84/+ monochrome games ported over to the CE so that they can be experienced by a new generation. Especially games by authors such as Badja, who had some really cool releases, like Crates3D and Lotus! Maybe when (if) I find some spare time, I'll work on doing some.

I really like the idea of Lotus being on the CE. I was thinking of giving that (or something similar) a try after I'm done with this game.
Sorry, no explosions.
The snake did, however, learn how to smooth over some of its edges.
There's also two or three secrets you can find.

You can find the game here in the archives. Good luck and hope you find everything Very Happy

The snek sneakily sneaks around in its natural environment, eating delicious things and finding more delicious things in other rooms. But then, their natural predator appears! The dreaded snootlebooper, lying in wait at the edges of the room to boop them on their snoots!

Imgur has thoroughly corrupted me. Q.Q
Wait there's one unlock able and one hidden speed?
Oh and I think I found a small "bug". If a circle spawns on part of the snake, that part of the circle will turn white so there's like a line through the circle. If the snake goes through exactly that line(not common but sometimes), the snake won't eat the circle, it will just go right through it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours