Here's what BASIC programs I have so far, what it does, and what calculators these work on:

SM84CE's TI-BASIC Programs

This link is my ICE programs thread, for use with PT_'s ICE Compiler. That thread follows the same structure as my BASIC thread. Feel free to suggest ideas for ICE programs in that thread.

Charge date manager -- works on the TI-84 Plus CE and CSE, for keeping track of battery charge dates

Programmers Utility pack -- Use these programs to help with clean up after your own programs, works on TI's Color screen calculators, or just any TI. The readme has more usage and compatibility info. This helps save main program size, as it combines common cleanup routines into a few programs.

Temperature Checker CSE -- A simulated temperature checker for the TI-84 Plus CSE

Virus Checker for the TI-84 Plus CSE -- A simulated Virus Checker for the TI-84 Plus CSE

Timer for the TI-84 Plus CE and CSE -- a timer, with color, for the TI-84 Plus CE and CSE. This link points to the CE directory, but the same program will also work on the CSE.

Virus Checker for the TI-84 Plus CE -- Simulated Virus Checker for the TI-84 Plus CE, WILL NOT WORK ON THE CSE.

Temperature Checker for the TI-84 Plus CE -- A simulated temperature checker for the TI-84 Plus CE, which WILL NOT WORK ON THE CSE, see above for the CSE version

Cemetech Logo drawing program -- This program draws the Cemetech logo onto your graph screen. This link points to the TI-84 Plus CE directory, but the program will also work on the CSE.

DNA Manipulator 84 -- This program is for Biology/ science students who need to quickly convert a sequence of DNA nucleotides to a complementary strand or a strand of RNA. Includes some features, and works on all 84's, NOT 83 (untested)

De Moivre theorem program CE -- this program is used to multiply, divide, find the roots of, and to find the powers of complex numbers using De Moivre's theorem. Description and screenshots in the file download page and in the readme. This WILL ONLY WORK ON CE OS 5.2+

Fibonacci Sequence Generator 84 -- A TI-BASIC Fibonacci Sequence generator, for ALL TI-84 calcs. Untested on TI-83.

pH and pOH calculator 84 -- This is a program for finding pH, pOH, [H+] (Concentration of H+ ions)/ [OH-] (concentration of hydroxide ions). This WILL work on all of the TI-84 series of calculators, untested on the TI-83. All you need to do is input one of the values mentioned above, and the program will calculate the rest of the values. They are rounded to 3 decimal places, for ease of displaying on the TI-84+ screen.

2060: Nuclear Reactor Simulator [TI-84+ CE BASIC] -- A fun management game that puts you in charge of a virtual nuclear reactor. Run the reactor, generate power, buy upgrades... Made in CE BASIC, but it's still pretty fast! I might also make an ICE version if this one goes well...
Sorry for the double post, wanted to keep this separate:

If you have any feedback or suggestions, post them in this thread.
these are the following games i would like if you could make on the ti 84 plus ce

subway surfers
temple run
jetpack joyride (i know its babyish)
candy crush
etc.
thanx
Very Happy Smile Graphing Calculator
Check out Adventures of JETMAN (https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1652)
thanx i just downloaded it
USERNEW wrote:
these are the following games i would like if you could make on the ti 84 plus ce

subway surfers
temple run
jetpack joyride (i know its babyish)
candy crush
etc.
thanx
Very Happy Smile Graphing Calculator

There is already a good jetpack joyride port: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/448/44874.html
I've started ideas for Bonzi Buddy CE, if you have suggestions (TheLastMillennial), feel free to post them here. If you don't know what Bonzi Buddy is, check this out.

There are several thing that I will omit, for sake of simplicity, but this will have the basic "do stuff when asked", and I might even add some TI-OS "requests" in here. As mentioned above, if you have ANY suggestions for what I should do/ how I should do it, post them here!
1) Seriously?
2) Have functions where it can do math, graph things, change settings.
3) As a subset of math functions, you could give it the ability to put your calculator in base-n, which is pretty useful. (You can shamelessly rip code from my iBase program, if you want. I can help with this)
4) Make it spew out random, famous formulas (like e^πi, the quadratic formula, etc) from time to time.
5) Have the jokes be calc related.
6) To satisfy the Adware part of this, it could spit out “cemetech.net” and shortened links to your other games/tools/programs.
hehe, great idea! I'll check out the base thing, maybe make it so the base program can be run from BonziCE by inputting "[i]base" or something like that. As for math and graphing, I made a program that asks you for degrees or radians if you input "sin(", "arcsin(", "cos(", "arccos(", "tan(" or "arctan(", I'll use some code from that. Any calc jokes in mind?

EDIT, prgmiBASE spits out "16" in base 16 for the operation 15+1, also in bases greater than 10, when I do <base>+1-1, it returns <base> instead of "10". My friend once said that "b in base b is always "10"
SM84CE wrote:
hehe, great idea! I'll check out the base thing, maybe make it so the base program can be run from BonziCE by inputting "[i]base" or something like that. As for math and graphing, I made a program that asks you for degrees or radians if you input "sin(", "arcsin(", "cos(", "arccos(", "tan(" or "arctan(", I'll use some code from that. Any calc jokes in mind?

0x5, I can't believe you're actually making a Bonzi buddy for the CE! Laughing
Are you going to have a Bonzi monkey appear on the screen?
Also, as a joke, you could say "press clear to quit", but sometimes it only looks like it quits to the home screen and continues to run. You could then mess with peoples answers as they try to do math. Razz
Of course anyone experienced with calculators wont be fooled, but it'd totally be a Bonzi-like prank to pull.
It would be incredibly difficult to replicate the homescreen in a program. Alternatively, you could probably exit as normal and use a hook to listen for commands run on the homescreen and modify the result returned.
If anyone does get something like that to work, I suggest that whenever a program gets run, there's a chance that the message 'Prof. Oak: "This isn't the time to use that!"' appears.
Did I mention that this will most likely be in BASIC??
Replication of Homescreen:

Code:
ClrHome
Input "",Str0
Disp eval(Str0

For the monkey, I'll maybe try and draw it on the graph screen...
Clear to quit thing will probably be controlled by random #'s, or instead of pressing clear, I could have them enter in ".." to exit, I've done that in one of my programs before.

As for the hook, I'll probably PM Kerm and see if I can get some code to quickly throw together..., unless someone else already has that.
SM84CE wrote:

EDIT, prgmiBASE spits out "16" in base 16 for the operation 15+1, also in bases greater than 10, when I do <base>+1-1, it returns <base> instead of "10". My friend once said that "b in base b is always "10"

There is no error with iBase.

Your input is interpreted IN THE BASE YOU ARE CYRRENTLY IN AS DEMONSTRATED BY THE SCREENSHOT

Therefore, your input is interpreted as (in base 10)

1*(16^1)+5*(16^0)+1*(16^0)=22
22 (base 10) -> 16 (base 16)

Edit: To elaborate, your friend is correct: by definition, n in base n is 10.
(Hence why asking someone what base they use is a pointless question)

iBase works by taking your original input (in base n) and converting it to base 10. It then preforms all of the operations specified, then turns that result into base n.

Your input is NOT considered to be in base 10, it is in base n.

In any base that is greater than seven, 15 + 1 = 16.

More generally, in any base that is less than (n+1), it is true that (10 + (n-1))+1=(10+n)

For the monkey, you only have to draw it once. You can store it to a picture, then recall that picure whenever you want to display the monkey.
I see..., for the monkey, is there any way of checking to see if the user has deleted the Pic var containing the monkey?
It's ~1 day, so i'll double post: If I were to make a loading bar on the graph screen for BonziBUDDY CE, would you rather have it be like my prgmTEMPCHK (yes, it's a link to one of my programs), or a fully shading loading bar (Like any progress bar on Windows/MacOS)? I just want some public input, and I realize that I could make a poll for this, but I don't know if I can overwrite Polls (make 1 on this thread for Project A, and make another for Project B. If someone can answer that, I could get a poll up soon.
1) I don’t think you can overwrite polls.
2) Loading bars are generally not needed in BASIC programs. They are usually just used as visual features, with no actual loading. An exception is my CalcType program; it actually does show loading bars that represent what is actually happening.

I needed them in that program because I have to sift through a large, user-editable word list, which takes time. I wanted to show the user that “hey! I haven’t crashed [yet]! I’m still doing stuff!”

You shouldn’t have to use a loading bar, unless it’s for visual purposes.
This one will probably be a visual one, and will be a small one, I'll get a poll link (poll via Google Forms) for the 3 "styles" I have in mind. (2 of 3 styles are more realistic in the way that they fill completely)
Looks like I finally got things to work.

Poll has been updated, see below for link
Sorry for the double post, wanted to make this separate and so that people would actually see it.

New Link: A Loading Bar Poll

For those of you who said "Other Idea", there is now a place to put your code.
It's been ~1 day (If my math is right...), so I'll double post.
I've recently updated most of my programs. Here are some examples: Programmers toolbox can now do more things, and the CE version of TEMPCHK is in the archives. I've submitted the CSE version, It needs to be approved/ accepted into the archives.The CSE version has been accepted! TEMPCHK has better graphics and is ~200 bytes smaller. We all need the extra space! Smile

Download links are above, I'll edit this when tThe CSE versions of TEMPCHK and VRSCHK4 are accepted, the links all work!
Not updated: Charge Date manager -- I updated it BEFORE uploading! It's good, unless the people want more features.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours