Hello,

I was going to add App Trailers to the IOS app directorery, but when I began to try to use it last night, everything was accessible except for being able to watch the videos which is how you recieve your points. For those of you who don't know what app trailers is, it is a free app that will give you a 17 0 dollar iTunes card if you watch a certain number of Finance App Trailer. When I tap the part of the screen that says "Watch video", nothing happens! I even tried turning VoiceOver off and tapping it, but still I got nothing!! Does this app just not work or am I doing something wrong?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Usually, these types of business models pay out very little for each video watched. However if you're insistent, you're better off taking this bug report to the developers of the app. So, how little do these apps pay out?

Judging by screenshots of the app, 10,000 points can be redeemed for $10.
Thus, 1 point is worth $0.001.
It looks like each video as a value of 5 points, or $0.005.
So, to earn $10 on the app you'd have to watch 10,000/5 or 2,000 videos.
To earn $17, you'll have to watch 3,400 videos.

I see a video that is titled "6 travel hacks in 60 seconds".
Let's assume each video is at least 60 seconds long.
3,400 videos would be 3,400 minutes.
That's 56 hours or just over two days of NONSTOP video watching.

How you spend your time is up to you but, personally, this app isn't worth it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours