Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Let's see...my new tablet will have...[checks]
Huh, doesn't say the wiNet card manufacturer. Probably the Intel one, I'd guess.

if its centrino it has to use the intel WiFi chip

our 2.4ghz phone has zero problems with our wifi....try changing your wifi channels and seeing if that helps

Actually, I've seen some tablets with the centrino chipset, a pentium M, but a broadcom wireless nic.
KermMartian wrote:
Actually, I've seen some tablets with the centrino chipset, a pentium M, but a broadcom wireless nic.

then its not Centrino. Centrino is a PLATFORM, not a chipset per se. It defines the wifi chip, cpu, and chipset (ALL are intel parts)

see http://www.intel.com/products/centrino/ for more info
Kllrnohj wrote:
hey! don't diss belkin. My belkin wireless card (the one with the external, screw on antenea for PCI) works amazing. Better than my friends craptacular linksys cards (he's had 4 different cards, 2 for laptop, 2 for desktop - all of em suck)

HEY. My entire network is linksys. My Laptop runs a linksys wifi, as does my brothers desktop. I have linksys wifi and wired in my desktop. The router is linksys also. It ROCKS.

My freind got linksys also for his laptop and uses it over his builting (he bought the card for an older laptop that he got rid of)
rivereye wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
hey! don't diss belkin. My belkin wireless card (the one with the external, screw on antenea for PCI) works amazing. Better than my friends craptacular linksys cards (he's had 4 different cards, 2 for laptop, 2 for desktop - all of em suck)

HEY. My entire network is linksys. My Laptop runs a linksys wifi, as does my brothers desktop. I have linksys wifi and wired in my desktop. The router is linksys also. It ROCKS.

My freind got linksys also for his laptop and uses it over his builting (he bought the card for an older laptop that he got rid of)

I like walking around NYC, finding all of the routers named "LinkSys" and "Surf Here" Smile
if they SID is linksys, connect to the router, then go to its config page and log on using the default user/pass of admin/admin Laughing
hehe...they always leave them unlocked. Smile But I wouldn't do something that mean.

Ok I got it. The House of the Forgotten Trailer. I never finished the movie but its pretty cool. I made this film using ALL lego minifigures and blocks.

The House of the Forgotten Trailer

This film kinda needs a sub at least A sub for the starting to have any impact apon the rest of the trailer.

-Alien(my filming username Razz )
KermMartian wrote:
hehe...they always leave them unlocked. Smile But I wouldn't do something that mean.

they "leave" them "unlocked" because they are too d@mn stupid. linksys is the default SID, if you can't be bothered to change that, you don't deserve to have a working network! (actually, what i usually do is just change the SID to something stupidly funny, like "poop" Laughing )
Everyone in my neighborhood leaves their wlan's unprotected; many shared drives for me to use Laughing ph43r
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

they "leave" them "unlocked" because they are too d@mn stupid. linksys is the default SID, if you can't be bothered to change that, you don't deserve to have a working network! (actually, what I usually do is just change the SID to something stupidly funny, like "poop" Laughing )

It's best to change it to a blank SID; then you have to know the actual MAC address to connect.
(first off, sorry to revive an old topic - but i have a link you'll wana see that deals with lego USB drives)

KermMartian wrote:
It's best to change it to a blank SID; then you have to know the actual MAC address to connect.

not really, it just shows up in the WLAN finder as having a blank SID

Check out this lego USB drive! you have some catching up to do Kerm Wink

http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~dhc02001/legousb.html
Yeah, I'm going to try that next.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours