This is a weird bug in displaying the language (V2.3.0, from GitHub repo)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ZpLRBj4mEwWUpfR1N4UW9zY0E
SM84CE wrote:

You should make a PR to fix it Smile That's why it is hosted on GitHub, after all.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
SM84CE wrote:

You should make a PR to fix it Smile That's why it is hosted on GitHub, after all.

I'm confused. What's a "PR" and how does that work?
PR is short for Pull Request. There's some good documentation about that on Github (better than what follows Smile ), but to summarize:
* create your own Github account, if you don't have one yet;
* fork the Cesium repository from Github to your account;
* `git clone` your account's copy of the Cesium repository;
* modify whatever you want to modify;
* select files for addition to the commit through `git add` or one of the GUIs;
* create a commit through `git commit` or one of the GUIs;
* `git push` (from the CLI or through one of the GUIs, again) to your repository;
* click on the pull request creation button from the Github Web interface when browsing your account's copy of the Cesium repository where you have just pushed.

Of course, for trivial changes, the process may be a bit heavyweight.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
PR is short for Pull Request. There's some good documentation about that on Github (better than what follows Smile ), but to summarize:
* create your own Github account, if you don't have one yet;
* fork the Cesium repository from Github to your account;
* `git clone` your account's copy of the Cesium repository;
* modify whatever you want to modify;
* select files for addition to the commit through `git add` or one of the GUIs;
* create a commit through `git commit` or one of the GUIs;
* `git push` (from the CLI or through one of the GUIs, again) to your repository;
* click on the pull request creation button from the Github Web interface when browsing your account's copy of the Cesium repository where you have just pushed.

Of course, for trivial changes, the process may be a bit heavyweight.

Yeah for a trivial change you can simply click the little pencil button at the top right of the file you want to edit, and GitHub will do everything for you, just edit the file with the online code editor then validate the change, a PR will be made.
Alright, posted my issue in the "Issues" section, I wonder if this issue is just me... (read: anyone have CEmu and are willing to test this out?)
SM84CE wrote:
Alright, posted my issue in the "Issues" section, I wonder if this issue is just me... (read: anyone have CEmu and are willing to test this out?)

The issue is just you because GitHub is a place for hosting in-development code. You will notice that under the releases section; v2.3.0 is not out. Everything in the repository is unstable, so of course it will have issues. Anyway. Thanks Razz
Any idea on if/ when this version will be released? It's a good step forward. In the words of a Graphing Calculator calc-savvy Neil Armstrong: "That's one small step for Cesium, one giant leap for the calculator community" Smile
SM84CE wrote:
Any idea on if/ when this version will be released? It's a good step forward. In the words of a Graphing Calculator calc-savvy Neil Armstrong: "That's one small step for Cesium, one giant leap for the calculator community" Smile

Since someone showed interest; here you are, the updated Cesium:

Download: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1372

Anywho, here's a rundown of what is new:

+ Cesium is now a full fledged application!
+ Don't need any extra RAM to start Cesium
+ Stub return location is stored in the archive so can now use all of ram
+ Minor bugfixes
+ Doesn't archive itself on ram save since it's an app now
+ Version information displayed on settings screen
Can we now create apps for the CE? Did the key get cracked?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the conversation in SAX.. Smile
I'm more inclined to think it is not signed, rather installed via other means Smile.
tr1p1ea wrote:
I'm more inclined to think it is not signed, rather installed via other means Smile.

You are correct, this is probably some ASM stuff that MateoConLechuga could probably explain better. And thanks to MateoConLechuga for finishing the project in his spare time (hopefully!). And remember, Sometimes, asking politely helps!

P.S. Should probably tell others that this isn't transferable, only that initial prgm is...
I've found a very dangerous bug: when the Cesium app is installed, the calc seems to get a little slower when switching between O.S. menus, and can also freeze when modifying some settings in the memory. Here comes the most dangerous part of this bug : this freeze seems to be similar to the one generated when using 2048 CE with the corrupted fileioc library. The calc can't reset and you have to reinstall the O.S. and lose all your data. I would be thankful if you fix it quickly Smile
Flip wrote:
I've found a very dangerous bug: when the Cesium app is installed, the calc seems to get a little slower when switching between O.S. menus, and can also freeze when modifying some settings in the memory. Here comes the most dangerous part of this bug : this freeze seems to be similar to the one generated when using 2048 CE with the corrupted fileioc library. The calc can't reset and you have to reinstall the O.S. and lose all your data. I would be thankful if you fix it quickly Smile

I have not encountered this bug at all; so I have no idea what you would like me to fix. Perhaps some reproducible steps? The App does not modify any settings, so I'm not sure if what you are experiencing is just caused by a different program.
It's very strange because it stopped when I deleted the app the second time I used it
I found a bug, when you try renaming a program, it closes cesium and goes to the calculator home screen, that is sort of zoomed in and purple. it also fails to rename the program.

I have not ran into Flip's problem
I too, have encountered john35588 bug. Even if I turn the calculator off and on again sometimes it still wont work.

I have encountered part of Flips FILEIOC bug where it refuses to reset the calculator (I just found this program but I'm not sure if it works yet). I don't think it was Cesium's fault though. I haven't experienced any slow down however.

I wish people would update their game to the latest C libraries...
Seems the prgmFIXFLASH should work, I've noticed less RAM clears in CE2048 before (not sure if they are linked, though). For the screen, try this: make (and compile this in ICE)

Code:

PROGRAM:CC
i (IMAGINARY i)SCREEN
det(0
det(1

EDIT: Who thinks we should be able to add descriptions to BASIC prgms?? SM84CE pokes Mateo, while apologizing for over-poking Smile
john35588 wrote:
I found a bug, when you try renaming a program, it closes cesium and goes to the calculator home screen, that is sort of zoomed in and purple. it also fails to rename the program.

Fixed and updated Smile
Thanks!
Very Happy
I now have OS. 5.3 on my calculator, and it no longer needs to have programs in the ram to run them, but I still love using Cesium, so can you make a version that does not unarchive the programs to run them? I feel like this will make it so it has less bad effects when/if it crashes.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 24
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours