It's not even possible, since it's you not public yet (although you can build yourself) Razz But the limit is 10 uppercase letters, including theta, but not recursive n or finance vars.
I haven't been on in a while, but holy crap you've made progress! All of my previously unachievable projects are within my reach with the addition of trig functions and getpixel(! The only thing left that I could possibly require is sprite rotation and floats. Keep up the good work PT_!
You can already rotate sprites Razz Floats won't be added, not in this version, and probably not in the future.
PT_ wrote:
You can already rotate sprites Razz Floats won't be added, not in this version, and probably not in the future.
Nice! I guess I have an excuse to get back to work now! Razz As floats go, what makes them so difficult to implement? Is it that they are too slow, or they would require rewriting every other function, or something else?
I'm ready with implementing everything, so it's time for bugtesting. I've tested all the non-expression functions, like If, Repeat, Call etc.
Also, it seems the icon and description works Very Happy

Hi!!, PT_
Can you make some different demo to go with ice because some of them don't work. and i found something out if u have to much programs on your calc ice or ur program ur making with ice will not work will not at all.
like the the way it look right now.

wait i don't like i LOVE IT keep the work up
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Hi!!, PT_
Can you make some different demo to go with ice because some of them don't work. and i found something out if u have to much programs on your calc ice or ur program ur making with ice will not work will not at all.

*Consults google translate*
Can you make some different demos to be used with ICE since some of them don't work. A bug I found is when you have too many programs on your calculator, ICE will not work and neither will the program you're compiling.

Did I translate this right? Razz
Alvajoy123 wrote:

like the the way it look right now.
wait i don't like i LOVE IT keep the work up

***finishes translation

I like the way it looks right now. Wait. I don't like it I love it. Keep up the good work.
When you have too much ICE source programs (like more than 28 or so), it doesn't show the last ones, but only the first 28. It should still compile though. Also, which example programs doesn't work anymore?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehk81xwu4foeil8/ICE.zip?dl=0

Have fun exploring all the new features I added and please report any bug you encountered.
How do you use these new functions, and what can they do/ not do?? When using these, is there anything I SHOULD NOT DO??
SM84CE wrote:
How do you use these new functions, and what can they do/ not do?? When using these, is there anything I SHOULD NOT DO??

Actually I have the same question
How do I work with prgms and appvars in the new ICE Compiler?
How would I read and write to said vars?
I would much appreciate, as im sure many others would too, some clarification.
Thanks a bunch!
Sorry for the fact that I deleted the extensive post yesterday, so let me write a list with the most important commands:

Code:
sum(0) - CloseAll - closes all the opened slots
sum(1,"NAME","MODE") - Open - opens an appvar, check below for the mode. Returns a slot number
sum(2,"NAME","MODE",VAR_TYPE) - OpenVar - opens a variable, check below for the mode and VAR_TYPE. Return a slot number.
sum(3,SLOT) - Close - closes a slot
sum(4,"DATA",SIZE,COUNT,SLOT) - Write - writes COUNT*SIZE bytes of DATA to the variable in SLOT. SIZE = 1, 2, 3
sum(5,"DATA",SIZE,COUNT,SLOT) - Read - reads COUNT*SIZE bytes from the variable in slot SLOT, and stores it to DATA. SIZE = 1, 2, 3
sum(6,SLOT) - GetChar - gets a one byte character from the variable in slot SLOT. Returns EOF (-1)
 if out of range
sum(7,CHAR,SLOT) - PutChar - writes a char to the variable in slot SLOT
sum(8,"NAME") - Delete - deletes an appvar
sum(9,"NAME",VAR_TYPE) - DeleteVar - deletes a variable. Check below for the variable types
sum(10,OFFSET,ORIGIN,SLOT) - Seek - seeks to an offset, ORIGIN = 1 (seek from beginning of file),
 2 (seek from current offset in file), 3 (seek from end of file)
sum(11,SIZE,SLOT) - Resize - resizes variable in slot SLOT to SIZE bytes.
sum(12,SLOT) - IsArchived - Returns 0 if variable in slot SLOT is in RAM, 1 if in Archive.
sum(13,ARCHIVED,SLOT) - SetArchiveStatus - sends variable in slot SLOT to RAM if ARCHIVED =
 0, to Archive if ARCHIVED = 1
sum(14,SLOT) - Tell - gets the current offset of SLOT
sum(15,SLOT) - Rewind - seeks to the beginning of the variable in slot SLOT
sum(16,SLOT) - GetSize - gets the size of the variable in slot SLOT

Copy(DEST,SRC,SIZE) - Copies SIZE bytes from SRC to DEST
Copy(XXXX,DEST,SRC,SIE) - Copies SIZE bytes from SRC to DEST backwards. The first argument can be anything
Alloc( - Allocates free memory for storing sprites. Returns a pointer to the memory.
DefineSprite(W,H) - Defines an empty sprite in the free memory, useful for storing the rotated sprite.
 Returns a pointer to the memory.
DefineSprite(W,H,"DATA") - Defines a sprite in the program data, returns a pointer to the start of the sprite

sin(
cos(

String concatenation and storing, substrings, length

File types:

Code:
Program - 5
Protected program - 6
Appvar - 21

Well, a bunch more, but that will be all in the new commands.html. I ask you to test expressions though, these are more important Smile

Pointers:
Mateo wrote:
I think you are along the right lines. There is still a lot of confusion I feel on the difference between words and pointers; so here's how it works really quick: (Let's assume the variable A holds the value 5).

A is a pointer to an address, in this case 5.
{{A}} Returns the pointer stored at address 5. Let's say at address 5 this pointer holds the value 10.

So 30->*{A} would store the 1-byte value 30 to address 5.
But 30->*{{A}} would store the 1-byte value 30 to address 10.

Rotating sprites:

Code:
DefineSprite(X,X,"DATA")->A
DefineSprite(X,X)->B
Sprite_NoClip(A,10,10)
RotateSpriteC(A,B)
Sprite_NoClip(B,20,20)

That's it!
Oh, cool! I'll be experimenting with these on CEmu...
To make it more easy to learn all the functions except the C ones:
http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/PeterTillema/ICE/blob/C-version/documentation/commands.html
I hope to add the fileioc lib asap, and fix the graphx lib (that is still outdated).
FILEIOC was what I was looking for, i could use that to help with some current BASIC prgms. Also, is it possibleto add a Menu( feature, same as the BASIC one, in ICE?? (My programs use that a whole lot)
Check 3 posts above, that is where I tried to explain almost all the FILEIOC functions. If you still don't understand it, look up the source of the C library, and you will be fine. Rolling Eyes Also, I figured out some functions doesn't work yet, since C strings are different from BASIC strings. i.e. for opening a file, there is a mode, which is like "w", "r+", or "a" or so, but I *think* that doesn't work yet (I might be incorrect though), so you might look up the ASCII value of these characters, and put the corresponding BASIC token in the string. I hope to fix that asap.

I keep updating the commands.html, and now I'm almost done with finishing the graphx lib, so please test it and whatever. Within a week I will make this an official release, if no more bugs found! Smile
PT_ wrote:
When you have too much ICE source programs (like more than 28 or so), it doesn't show the last ones, but only the first 28. It should still compile though. Also, which example programs doesn't work anymore?

None of them do i just want you to make some demo prgm's using a tittle map and can you update the document of commands
So if I want to create an appvar I'll have to type in sum(1,"NAME","MODE" am I right? I just still don't understand what is the mode...
Alvajoy123 wrote:
PT_ wrote:

None of them do i just want you to make some demo prgm's using a tittle map and can you update the document of commands

PT_ is a human being who needs to eat and sleep.

He also has a life, he (probably) has friends, (probably) has a job and (probably) has other admin-only-top-secret-Cemetech-related tasks.

I’m not saying asking for documentation is wrong, or that what you said was wrong, but rather showing why the docs may be taking longer than expected.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 18 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours