PT_ wrote:
So it seems I had a bunch of free time and integrated the fileioc lib! Very Happy

I've decided to use "sum(', but I can easily switch if necessary.

How soon can you release this version with the fileioc lib? I would really appreciate this compatibility as im sure many others would. Thanks a bunch! Smile
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
PT_ wrote:
So it seems I had a bunch of free time and integrated the fileioc lib! Very Happy

I've decided to use "sum(', but I can easily switch if necessary.

How soon can you release this version with the fileioc lib? I would really appreciate this compatibility as im sure many others would. Thanks a bunch! Smile

Probably when he's done compressing/optimizing/finalizing/bugfixing the program Wink
Basically when I'm done with adding all the features I wanted to add. And that's pretty soon. I still want to see if I can implement sin(, cos( and eventually tan(, and I've honestly no idea what more... Smile
After everything is in the program, I will bug-test it, and if you want to, you can receive a beta copy as well, in order to test features, and then it goes public!
PT_ wrote:
Basically when I'm done with adding all the features I wanted to add. And that's pretty soon. I still want to see if I can implement sin(, cos( and eventually tan(, and I've honestly no idea what more... Smile
After everything is in the program, I will bug-test it, and if you want to, you can receive a beta copy as well, in order to test features, and then it goes public!

Thanks PT_! I would love to help with beta testing!
Okay, I've added sin( and cos( Very Happy I took this routine and modified a *bit*, because ICE only handles integers. The input is [0,256] and the output is [-256,256]. Only problem: the routine is 176 bytes large...
***PT_ hides

PT_ wrote:
Okay, I've added sin( and cos( Very Happy I took this routine and modified a *bit*, because ICE only handles integers. The input is [0,256] and the output is [-256,256]. Only problem: the routine is 176 bytes large...
***PT_ hides

is 176 bytes really that big of a problem?
Yes, it's way too much. Even a 64-byte LUT would be smaller, so it might be an idea to use that instead. Wink

So... I've kinda been having trouble with lists. I was going to implement a lookup table for Sin and Cos. The documentation says I technically can store {1,2}->L1. Am I misunderstanding something or is there some bug?
So it kinda broke. No idea what happened, but it's not good Razz Not sure if I will fix it though, since the C version is pretty much done. Smile

EDIT: the sine/cosine routine is now 110 bytes large, which is already much better. Also fixed some very important bugs that caused ICE to crash or returns an error while it shouldn't. Uncompressed size is now almost 40kB, compressed is 15kB. I've also added Data( which is basically the same as { } in the assembly version, it stores some 8-bits integers to the program data, and returns a pointer to it, which you can use later. I'm still working on Copy( which is supposed to ... copy bytes. Smile
So I just realized that reaching other pages in the ICE "Trace" list is done by using the horizontal arrow keys.
I always thought it would scroll farther if I went down far enough. Razz

Due to this, I discovered many different commands I didnt even know existed, like all the clipped and not clipped variants of the drawing commands, but some commands have me thinking...

"TilePtr"?
"LZDecompress"!?
"LZDecompressSprite"!!?

I looked closer at the commands list to make sure I didn't miss any updates to it, but the gaps in the det( commands are still there, so I'm guessing the documentation simply isn't finished..?
1) What do these do?
2) Are they implemented yet or are they just placeholders in the menu?
3) How do I use them? (What arguments do they take?)

Also,
Quote:
So it seems I had a bunch of free time and integrated the fileioc lib!

So uh... how do I use it? What does it do? I'm not familiar with the CLibs other than knowing that certain programs require them. To me that screenshot is just sum( with a number after it that magically does stuff.
These functions are not implemented (yet), but they are in the list, otherwise I'd have to edit the list all the time I add/implement a graphx function. The Fileioc lib is basically file I/O, so create/read/edit/delete/write programs etc. Then you can make ICE in ICE Razz
Multi-letter variables are now implemented Very Happy

Yess, this will help so much in understanding my code!!
The asm version of ICE is broken, and I spent almost 10 minutes trying to figure out why Cesium couldn't exit it correctly. The issue is that an extra element is on the stack before exit, when ICE is executed from the OS it jumps to an arbitrary code location (most of the time D005C1, which it then executes a 'ret p' instruction and safely returns). This is really, really bad. Please fix it whenever you get a chance Smile

I downloaded the version in the Cemetech archives.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
The asm version of ICE is broken, and I spent almost 10 minutes trying to figure out why Cesium couldn't exit it correctly. The issue is that an extra element is on the stack before exit, when ICE is executed from the OS it jumps to an arbitrary code location (most of the time D005C1, which it then executes a 'ret p' instruction and safely returns). This is really, really bad. Please fix it whenever you get a chance Smile

I can't replicate but it seems reasonable, since IX is D005C1. Can you tell me with which program it happens (which program you compiled)?
PT_ wrote:

Is there a length limit? If so, what is it?
Can letters be lowercase?
Can letters be theta, the recursive n, and the finance vars? I doubt it, but you keep surprising us with new additions (some of which we didn’t even know we needed, but are awesome and cool and stuff anyways)
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
PT_ wrote:

Can letters be theta, the recursive n, and the finance vars? I doubt it, but you keep surprising us with new additions (some of which we didn’t even know we needed, but are awesome and cool and stuff anyways)

I feel like those are questions you could answer yourself by backing up your calculator and just giving it a try. I think it is much more rewarding to try it out than to have the answer handed to you. You are probably more likely to remember it as well. I haven't taken the time to try these things out, but I feel like theta would work, but not lowercase, recursive n and the finance variables, simply because unlike upper case letters (the expected input), those are 2 byte tokens.
PT_ wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

I can't replicate but it seems reasonable, since IX is D005C1. Can you tell me with which program it happens (which program you compiled)?

It's easy to replicate; just start ICE and exit with the clear button. I had two programs that could be compiled but I did not compile them.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
It's easy to replicate; just start ICE and exit with the clear button. I had two programs that could be compiled but I did not compile them.

Fixed. Thanks for the report! Smile
mr womp womp wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
PT_ wrote:

I feel like those are questions you could answer yourself by backing up your calculator and just giving it a try. I think it is much more rewarding to try it out than to have the answer handed to you. You are probably more likely to remember it as well. I haven't taken the time to try these things out, but I feel like theta would work, but not lowercase, recursive n and the finance variables, simply because unlike upper case letters (the expected input), those are 2 byte tokens.

Good point. I didn’t have my calc on me (which was unusual), so I couldn’t try it. I didn’t think about the point about lowercase letters, recursive n, and the finance vars, but it makes complete sense.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 17 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours