A small bit
 8%  [ 4 ]
Decent sized crack
 2%  [ 1 ]
Phone v. Tile floor
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 46

Title shows all.
My phone has had the same screen protector on it for the last 4 years. There's some minor scratches in the protector but between that and my case, my phone is in pretty pristine shape. Helps that I'm not on my phone all the time too I suppose.

My watch on the other hand... I don't know what happened to that sucker but it's currently in surgery. Aha.
Mine is good, my phone has tempered glass plus I have a good case with another tempered screen protector - PLUS MOST IMPORTANTLY I don't use my phone in inappropriate circumstances or hold it when i'm trying to carry stuff etc.
Not at all. I used to have an iPhone 4 and currently have a 6. Neither have had any noticeable damage, but I've had fairly good cases for both of them.
My iPod was hit by a dodgeball, flew out of my lab coat (please don't ask) and deserves the rating of "iPhone vs tile floor"

My iPhone is spotless, besides the fact that the screen protector is completely shattered.
My electronics are generally pretty spotless, I have a good record of keeping them in great shape. I remember the phone sales guy being surprised that my samsung galaxy s2 looked pretty much new when I bought a new phone early this year. I tend to keep electronics for 5 years or more, until they become completely outdated, but I've never had to change or repair something because I'd broken it. I can't stand people who have a spider web screen that is completely shattered to bits.
S3- although the screen protector is pretty scratched up, the screen underneath is in perfect condition.
Surface Book- I really should get a screen protector for this, but I've got a case instead so no cracks. Smile
Galaxy S3: Phone vs tile floor
PlayBook: A small bit. More precisely, top, bottom and left bezel.
My Nexus 4 screen was rather cracked, but I recently replaced the screen the other day so it is in perfect condition atm.
I once cracked a screen on a device by accident (though it was pretty crummy anyway), but otherwise, the only damage my devices normally accumulate is from eventual cosmetic wear and tear, mostly small scratches. I even clean them from time to time.
Ouch, iPod shattered. My friend ran over his iPhone with a golf cart. I touched it and glass stuck to me.
s04 wrote:
Ouch, iPod shattered. My friend ran over his iPhone with a golf cart. I touched it and glass stuck to me.

That sounds painful Razz

In the many times I've owned a smartphone, I have never broken the screen, mainly because I'm scared of what my parents will say if that happens.

This kids is why we have flip phones. Dropped mine a million times and it still has no scratches.
"How cracked is my Nokia phone? Well, the phone is fine... not sure about the floor though."
Not at all. And the thing is over five years old.

Oh, yes, it's a Nokia E6.
oldmud0 wrote:
"How cracked is my Nokia phone? Well, the phone is fine... not sure about the floor though."

Anyone remember those old, boxy, wired “Bell” desk phones? They look like they'd not only win a match with a floor, but you could probably kill someone by throwing one at them, too. Razz
Travis wrote:
oldmud0 wrote:

Anyone remember those old, boxy, wired “Bell” desk phones? They look like they'd not only win a match with a floor, but you could probably kill someone by throwing one at them, too. Razz

I had one of those once. I dropped it on my foot. The phone won.
Most of the people I know have phones that are totally shattered, although most seem to have older phones than I do. I use a tempered glass screen protector and a Unicorn Beetle case. About a month ago, I dropped my Nexus 6P on a tile floor from three feet and the screen protector was totally destroyed (it came off in pieces), but the screen underneath was fine.
I used to have a really badly cracked iPhone 4S, but I recently bought a 6 and have managed to keep it intact so far.
Well, update: My S3 is in my trashcan...
My friend threw it with full force and absolutely killed the touch panel, dented the battery, made the rocker button pop off and the blue side trim is falling off.
May it rest well Crying

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours