So,

I have a PSP-3001c in my possession.

One of the games I like to play on it is a homebrew called NZP (Nazi Zombies Portable, a knock off of black ops 2 zombies), and after advancing into the map for a while, it crashes. Note that this is a incredibly detailed map that I am playing on.

I think that this is because the PSP runs out of RAM.

Is there any way to upgrade the RAM on a PSP-3001c?
Why would any one release a game on a platform that can't run the game? But no, you probably can't replace the ram, its not like its a PC with removable sticks.
It can run the game, but after unlocking the 5th door, and heading into the new area, it starts to lag, and then if you continue to proceed, it crashes. However, if you just open the door, and leave the area alone, it does not crash, which leads me to believe that the area(s) are stored in RAM, rather than reading from a variable as needed, which would speed it up, and allow even more of the map to be explored.

And my opinion is that I could find a RAM stick that is the same size as the PSP's, but has more room, and replace that. Although I'd have to ask geekboy, as he knows more than I do on hardware modding.
Its doesnt have RAM sticks, the RAM chips are soldered right onto the mother board:
[img]https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/HeUSgeXI1PHLEFwL[/img]
RIP. There goes that idea.

Unless I could unsolder the RAM and put on new ones. But I don't think that would work.
Sounds like this homebrew was only supposed to run on emulators.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours