Due to a sudden rise in the popularity of the act of changing a page's html with inspect element, and as suggested by commandz, here is a topic dedicated to just that. You may post funny things made with inspect element.
To start off this topic, here is the Cemetech logo finally fixed however, slightly yellowed due to me using paint...

Another one...

Take cover! The worlds ending!

I'm so bad at IE Laughing
While we are messing with polls:
@mr womp womp: You totally stole that topic name from my signature, 0x5. Oh the joys of Inspect Element has been there for years... Not mad though Razz
CalcMeister wrote:
@mr womp womp: You totally stole that topic name from my signature, 0x5. Oh the joys of Inspect Element has been there for years... Not mad though Razz

no Idea what you're talking about tbh Evil or Very Mad Laughing
Let's add some dank cemitek memes to this.
Battlesquid: The data you put clearly does not match what is on the graph. Get good, sir.

On a more serious note, I believe this thread fails to meet the Cemetech standards. On the forums we prefer to see more intelligent and well-thought-out posts, whether that be a project you are working on or a simple compliment/congratulations to a fellow Cemetechian. Though it's good to have some fun every once in a while, I believe you could be having fun in better ways.
Michael2_3B wrote:
On a more serious note, I believe this thread fails to meet the Cemetech standards. On the forums we prefer to see more intelligent and well-thought-out posts, whether that be a project you are working on or a simple compliment/congratulations to a fellow Cemetechian. Though it's good to have some fun every once in a while, I believe you could be having fun in better ways.

Booo. 👎🏼
Michael2_3B wrote:

Michael is very correct: Quality over quantity guys. This topic adds nothing of value and it's posted in the wrong forum (this is not website related, despite all of you just doing tweaks to Cemetechs pages). I've moved it to HTML Markup instead. Probably still the wrong forum but it's closer.
Alex wrote:
Michael is very correct: Quality over quantity guys. This topic adds nothing of value and it's posted in the wrong forum (this is not website related, despite all of you just doing tweaks to Cemetechs pages). I've moved it to HTML Markup instead. Probably still the wrong forum but it's closer.

Hey everyone let's learn about how Chrome inspector works in a fun way.

Alex: HAHA NOPE SCREW YOU GUYS
@TheLastMillennial:

nikkybot is evil? Razz
Darketech?

Maybe instead of changing the values, we could create some userstyles?
Unicorn wrote:

That's a really constructive way to use the web inspector! I created a user style a long time ago to remove the arbitrary lines between elements. I uploaded it to UserStyles earlier last month because the original plugin I made it for no longer worked and the site went down wit it Sad

I'm not really sure why the license says no derivatives, so I'll change that when I get home from work. You guys are more than welcome to download and expand upon that UserStyle.

I really like that "DarkeTech" style, Unicorn. Please continue with it I'd love to use it! I wonder if we can submit a feature request to the developer of the plugin to create conditional cases for styles. Having this style active after a certain time would be super cool.

Conditional cases being something like:
IF after 7pm
THEN use Darkentech for cemetech.net
Alex wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

That's a really constructive way to use the web inspector!

In that case, I present Ceme-more-modern-tech! Razz

I was too lazy to add some blue, but it's totally required for this design. I also overdid the dark backgrounds, it misses some brightness. I'd have to find what to make brighter, but I am sure it's doable.

Main changes:
- Switched to dark backgrounds and light text
- Removed those rounded corners (come on, seriously guys, that's the main thing that makes Cemetech look like a forum that was not updated since the 90's)
- Removed excessive lines, as Comic said
- "Unified" colors, reduced the color palette used

And, as I said, it lacks some blue and some bright areas for contrast. Other than that, I'd use such a DarkTech design no matter the time of day or year.
I'm not an HTML/CSS wizard like you guys, but this is intriguing. Would it be possible for these stylings to incorporate more complicated changes, like moving the modules to different places? If so, I think I'd like to make a mock up of some of the things I've said in Website Suggestions.
CalcMeister wrote:
I'm not an HTML/CSS wizard like you guys, but this is intriguing. Would it be possible for these stylings to incorporate more complicated changes, like moving the modules to different places? If so, I think I'd like to make a mock up of some of the things I've said in Website Suggestions.

You'll have some limitations. For instance the sidebar will always be stacked together in that particular order because they're grouped together and ordered that way in the HTML but you could move the sidebar to the right hand side of the page. Basically, UserStyles is for the CSS of the site, not the HTML.

The following may be a tad overwhelming but if you want to see what Cemetech looks like with no CSS applied, delete:

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/forum/templates/Cemetech6/stylesheet.css?8">

Everything you see there can be styled how ever you want. It's a lot if you do it all at once so take this slow; just tweak the existing Cemetech style one bit at a time. Smile
Alex wrote:
The following may be a tad overwhelming but if you want to see what Cemetech looks like with no CSS applied, delete:

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/forum/templates/Cemetech6/stylesheet.css?8">

Everything you see there can be styled how ever you want. It's a lot if you do it all at once so take this slow; just tweak the existing Cemetech style one bit at a time. Smile
Wew. That's harsh. I don't think I can browse Cemetech like that! Very Happy I'll make a fancy CalcMeister friendly UserStyle and see what you guys think Razz

EDIT: Wow, I have no idea what I'm doing.
I don't either, and I am taking a small YouTube course on the basics of CSS (look up "learn CSS" into YT and click whatever result 'seems legit', in the common slang.)
How is this?

https://userstyles.org/styles/147808/cemetech-dark-darketech

or this https://userstyles.org/styles/147444/cotton-candy-cemetech
That's well done! I'm actually quite surprised the corners of the header image aren't transparent.

CalcMeister wrote:
EDIT: Wow, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Neither did I when I started! There's still a lot I don't know but I don't do CSS stuff that often. I'm learning more and more as I advance along on a side project though! Keep it up, I want to see what you come up with.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours