After I finished ICE On-Calc Sprite Editor, I decided to get fully back into calc development. I have been working on the preliminary design for a rocket launch and customization style game, similar to a 2D KSP type game. For now, the object of the game will to reach the highest elevation above ground level, and then land safely. the game will feature dozens of customizable rocket parts, each with their own unique 8x8 sprite. Your rocket will be divided into a first stage and second stage, the latter you must land in order to collect full rewards for that run. The controls will depend on how long it takes for PT_ to publish the C version of ICE, which will introduce, among a multitude of other features, a sprite rotation routine. This means the rocket can be pointed in any direction. Should I ever gain access to these routines, I will update the game to include complex missions which involve doing maneuvers around different celestial bodies, landing on them, etc. I'll include some CEmu gifs once I get at least some gui going.
No offense, but this sounds exactly like my CSP project, but in ICE.

Nevertheless I wish you luck! Especially since you can't use custom lists, which my program heavily relies on.

Let me know if you need any help! Very Happy
TheLastMillennial wrote:
No offense, but this sounds exactly like my CSP project, but in ICE.

Nevertheless I wish you luck! Especially since you can't use custom lists, which my program heavily relies on.

Let me know if you need any help! Very Happy
I thought it might. But my program will be so complicated I hope it won't be like anything in the archives. I've always wanted to make a truly complex game, half because I love playing them, and half because there are almost none on here Razz
Good luck! ICE is pretty great :3
I <3 ICE
(Maybe I can help you, CalcMeister, at least with graphics maybe... just text me, lol)
Pieman7373 wrote:
(Maybe I can help you, CalcMeister, at least with graphics maybe... just text me, 0x5)

Or you can discuss it here on the forums. So we can have that information relating to graphics and ICE in a searchable area to help future programmers down the road. Wink
Nice! I look forward to seeing the progress as this goes along Smile
Don't wait for me to add rotated sprites, you are now better off with hardcoding these sprites and display sprites based on the direction. Smile
PT_ wrote:
Don't wait for me to add rotated sprites, you are now better off with hardcoding these sprites and display sprites based on the direction. Smile
But there's where you're wrong, kiddo. I am making a different sprite for every single possible customizable part. Of course, they're 8x8, so not too much data, but still. It'd be WAY too much data if I hard coded rotations, sorry Razz
CalcMeister wrote:
I am making a different sprite for every single possible customizable part.

Do you need any help making the sprites? I'm happy to help if you do!

***TheLastMillennial pokes PT_ into getting sprite rotation implemented
TheLastMillennial wrote:
CalcMeister wrote:
I am making a different sprite for every single possible customizable part.

Do you need any help making the sprites? I'm happy to help if you do!

***TheLastMillennial pokes PT_ into getting sprite rotation implemented
I would actually like that very much! I'll pm you info whenever I get around to it.
Any updates? Smile Confused
Ugh, I don't know about CalcMeister but there's none on my end. I have been terrible about making sprites. Sad
I've been way too busy to even think about this project. Hopefully I'll have time in a few months.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Ugh, I don't know about CalcMeister but there's none on my end. I have been terrible about making sprites. Sad
I've been way too busy to even think about this project. Hopefully, I'll have time in a few months.

I can help with sprites! Smile

This sounds like a wonderful project! If you get this working in ICE, this will show the power of ICE!!! Razz

I always thought ICE was a little limited, but if you get this working that'll be soo cool!

(This reminds me of Learn to fly on CoolMath)
Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but any updates? Smile Confused
I would be willing to help.[/size]
Legoman314 wrote:
Legoman314 wrote:
Any updates? Smile Confused

Just quoting yourself is not, generally, an acceptable thing to do on a forum, especially when other users have explained it to you. Just saying.

If you are doing that, you may as well insert the text Q F T (no spaces)into your post.

From a recent post by CalcMeister

CalcMeister wrote:
Most of you haven't missed me, but I've been gone for a while. And for the time being, I think it's gonna stay that way. With all the extra AP courses I'm taking in school right now, plus track, cross country, and my involvement in my school's theatre program, I simply don't have any more time for Cemetech. It pains me to say this, but I'm giving up this hobby for now. Maybe I'll come back in a few years when I have everything under control.

Shoutout to Kerm, who got me into this beautiful hobby which has guided me into my eventual career with his book, PT_, who was infinitely helpful when I needed some help with ICE (or anything for that matter), MateoC, _iPhoenix[_], TheLastMillen[n]ial, Alex, Michael2_3B, Ivoah, and everyone else who's online 24/7. And last but most importantly, Pieman7373, who has been my friend through all of my Cemetech history through HCWP way past my bedtime, to after school talks on the phone. I'll keep in touch!

I should also probably recognize that I have numerous projects, namely the April PotM, which are woefully incomplete. Even though it's cowardly and abrupt, I'm going to have to cut them all off. (The April PotM drafts are in both Nik and Kerm's inboxes, however).

Later Skater,
CalcMeister
Oops. My bad for the somewhat insensitive post.
I read that post but just forgot. Hope he comes back sooner rather than later, though. Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours