Can we add a [SC] tag to this thread and the other bug threads so mobile users know what they are getting into when they click here?
As I was programming one of my programs, I found it didn't work due to a misplaced End statement. Unfortunately, I have so many nested loops and If statements that there's no way I can find which End statement is the misplaced one within a timely manner.

I'd like to suggest adding a feature into Source Coder that shows you which End statement goes to which If/ Loop statement.

EDIT: Although PT_ showed me a fantastic work around, (uploading my program again and looking at the indentation) I still think this would be a great addition to SC. Smile
Yeah, the indentation really helps with tracking down those errand control block statements. I would indeed love to add control block keyword highlighting the way the matching parenthesis highlighting works; I suspect it wouldn't be that hard.
Or, perhaps add a format button, that formats the code when you run it.
Perhaps add a "Jump to Lbl" feature?

This would save my life, literally.

EDIT: Also, when pasting code into a program, perhaps have a little warning if there are 2 identical Lbl commands. (i.e. incompatible)

EDIT EDIT: Also, a "find and replace" tool would be nice.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I would personally prefer if the "Else" in an if-then-else-end was on the same line as the If, Then, and End

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: I would also like an alert if a Disp command displaying a string will be cut off by the screen.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Perhaps, if you hover over a symbol that looks different on-calc, it shows you the closest ASCII equivalent. (i.e. for a "plotsquare" it shows you a "▫")

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: (the lengths I go to avoid making a double post) Perhaps have a mind-reading LASER that automatically programs the stuff you are thinking of for you.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Also, a jump-to-line tool would be nice.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Perhaps add a "Jump to Lbl" feature?

This would save my life, literally.

EDIT: Also, when pasting code into a program, perhaps have a little warning if there are 2 identical Lbl commands. (i.e. incompatible)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I would personally prefer if the "Else" in an if-then-else-end was on the same line as the If, Then, and End

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: I would also like an alert if a Disp command displaying a string will be cut off by the screen.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Perhaps, if you hover over a symbol that looks different on-calc, it shows you the closest ASCII equivalent. (i.e. for a "plotsquare" it shows you a "▫")

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: (the lengths I go to avoid making a double post) Perhaps have a mind-reading LASER that automatically programs the stuff you are thinking of for you.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Also, a jump-to-line tool would be nice.

Chill with the edits, you can just write what you want to say without specifying that you have edited your message 7 times.
1) Just crtl-F to find a label you are looking for...
2) Why have such a warning... Having 2 identical labels is valid syntax, IIRC, when called, the goto command goes through the program until it finds the label it's looking for, which means it would just jump to the first occurence of the label.
3) You can paste your code into a notepad and use the built-in replace function... I don't think it would be very useful though, because if your code is so repetitive that you really need a find and replace function, you need to do some optimizing.
4) It makes sense not to go back one indent, because it is all contained within the If-End pair, also, it could be argued that going back just for one line like you are suggesting could be less clean and legible.
5) The Disp command going off the screen, although not impossible and not a bad idea, it would be a little difficult to implement realistically because not all characters have the same width, therefore, it would have to add the width of all the characters that make up the string, and see if it goes over, also you need to remember that it replaces the last displayable character with ellipses if it decides to chop the end of the string, which complicates things even more.
6) Sure
7) wtf
8) The line numbers are already displayed... As it stands, you can probably find a line faster than the time it would take to use such a tool.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

1) Ctrl + Alt + F / Ctrl + Alt + R
2) I already added that, but Kerm still needs to accept it Razz
When you select part of a conditional statement (i.e. a "Then" in a "If-Then-Else-End") it should also highlight the rest of that conditional statement (i.e. the "If-Else-End") in addition, instead of highlighting all of the other examples of the syntax you selected (i.e. every other "Then" in the program)

(and yes, I know I could look at the formatting, but it can get confusing when you have a bunch of different nested conditionals)
I was mucking around with C on Source Coder, and realized that hitting export with a C program makes it say it's compiled, then not download the program or give me an option to download it. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or an oversight, or me being stupid and not understanding what's going on.
This may seem a bit out there, but I think it would be cool if you could use long variable names in TI-BASIC programs. For example, you could have a variable called "cursorX" or "gpaScore" in the program, but then also have a list of the real variables (such as A, B, C, Str1, L1, etc.) that each one is actually referencing. Once the program is compiled, the real variable names would be inserted in place of the long variable names.
IDK if this has been asked, but a feature that tells you if a Lbl is undefined, so you don't get an ERROR: UNDEFINED on-calc with an almost perfect prgm..
SM84CE wrote:
IDK if this has been asked, but a feature that tells you if a Lbl is undefined, so you don't get an ERROR: UNDEFINED on-calc with an almost perfect prgm..

Just don’t use labels.
SM84CE wrote:

You mean linting? This feature can be implemented through Code Mirror's linting addon. I've never written a linter, but it seems like something I might tackle myself Razz
I would like there to be a fullscreen mode in source coder. Not fullscreen of the page itself, but a fullscreen of the actual coding window with minimal distractions or unnecessary buttons/sidebars.
Michael2_3B wrote:
I would like there to be a fullscreen mode in source coder. Not fullscreen of the page itself, but a fullscreen of the actual coding window with minimal distractions or unnecessary buttons/sidebars.

Just putting it out there, this addon would be the solution.
Not a feature request, but I'm busy with ICE compilation within SC, so if you hit the Compile button, if automatically compiles it and downloads the compiled program. I'm not sure how long it takes, because I need to explore a lot of stuff about Emscripten, as I use ICE's C core, but with different inputs and outputs. Smile

I managed to finish this Very Happy Subprograms work (in the same project), C functions works too, and C functions in subprograms also! Compiling happens within a few ms, when you press 'Compile' it downloads the program immediately Smile I hope it will be live soon!
I would like to be able to have a hide/show button for indented lines, such as hiding a For() loop block or While() loop block or an If block etc. This would help with focusing on the parts of the code you're actually working on and the parts that you're not.
I would like a feature that automatically adds Ends in after the loop, like how some Java IDE's add in the closing } for you.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Or, perhaps add a format button, that formats the code when you run it.

Maybe re-indent when you click on a button?

Michael2_3B wrote:
This may seem a bit out there, but I think it would be cool if you could use long variable names in TI-BASIC programs. For example, you could have a variable called "cursorX" or "gpaScore" in the program, but then also have a list of the real variables (such as A, B, C, Str1, L1, etc.) that each one is actually referencing. Once the program is compiled, the real variable names would be inserted in place of the long variable names.

SM84CE wrote:

Michael2_3B wrote:

Michael2_3B wrote:
I would like to be able to have a hide/show button for indented lines, such as hiding a For() loop block or While() loop block or an If block etc. This would help with focusing on the parts of the code you're actually working on and the parts that you're not.
SM84CE wrote:
I would like a feature that automatically adds Ends in after the loop, like how some Java IDE's add in the closing } for you.

All good ideas, and I will take a look what is all possible with CodeMirror! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 18 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours