Caleb_J wrote:
I really like how this is coming along, Phoenix. Keep up the good work! Very Happy

Thanks!

I can probably create a short video demonstration today or tomorrow, although I am (supposedly) on vacation (but I have gotten more stuff done on vacation than off of it...)
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

I'm really excited to see what you guys think of this, and w

Uh, and what? Confused

This entry sounds really cool! I'm looking forward to seeing a gif. I'm also glad your program (although very large) will only be 1 file, thats going to be very nice

Lets hope you can turn it in on time! Very Happy
TheLastMillennial wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

I'm really excited to see what you guys think of this, and w

Uh, and what? Confused

This entry sounds really cool! I'm looking forward to seeing a gif. I'm also glad your program (although very large) will only be 1 file, thats going to be very nice

Lets hope you can turn it in on time! Very Happy

Lemme finish that thought:

...ill be creating a gif/screenie/video soon

Ok, the program is now only 7500 bytes, as I did an "If 0:Then" thingie to test something, and completely forgot to delete it.

I also forgot to mention that:

-Controls have changed
-Saving, both manually and automagically
-Asks you at the beginning of each time you run the program if you want to load a previous save if it exists (save detection)
-routing was redone like 38 times...
-Introduction, added, removed, redone, removed, and redone (again)
-Implemented 6 Easter eggs, two of which are actually bugs...
-Slapped an _iPhoenix_ seal of approval on the messy code.
-Turned 3 programs into 2.
-Optimized the redrawing of the screen.

Progress: 90.125%
Progress Vid
Found some typos (some are more important than others) Wink
1. I couldn't find the [any key] button on the calculator Razz
2. 0:11 'Oftan' is spelled 'Often' (or were you trying to say 'Of an'?)
3. 0:17 (This is a nitpicky one) The second 'amount' could be replaced with 'number'
4. 0:20 You can remove the comma in 'happy, as well.'
5. 0:26 You can remove the comma in 'profits, though'
6. 1:20 I'd replace 'to adjust room, and press enter' to 'to adjust room. Press enter' (you may not even need the 'press enter...' part since you have '[ENTER]' at the bottom.)
7. 1:41 I'd do the same as for #6. but add a '[ENTER]' at the bottom

At 4:15 you bought airport B, what would happen if you bought airport E? Would it route you through airport D to get there? Or would it not allow that?

Cool entry! The only suggestion I have is that it could really use some more complex sprites.
***TheLastMillennial nudges _iPhoenix_ toward AAIONIA Wink
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Found some typos (some are more important than others) Wink
1. I couldn't find the [any key] button on the calculator Razz
2. 0:11 'Oftan' is spelled 'Often' (or were you trying to say 'Of an'?)
3. 0:17 (This is a nitpicky one) The second 'amount' could be replaced with 'number'
4. 0:20 You can remove the comma in 'happy, as well.'
5. 0:26 You can remove the comma in 'profits, though'
6. 1:20 I'd replace 'to adjust room, and press enter' to 'to adjust room. Press enter' (you may not even need the 'press enter...' part since you have '[ENTER]' at the bottom.)
7. 1:41 I'd do the same as for #6. but add a '[ENTER]' at the bottom

At 4:15 you bought airport B, what would happen if you bought airport E? Would it route you through airport D to get there? Or would it not allow that?

Cool entry! The only suggestion I have is that it could really use some more complex sprites.
***TheLastMillennial nudges _iPhoenix_ toward AAIONIA Wink

1) you IDIOT Just Joking <3
2) http://www.dictionary.com/browse/often
2a) http://www.dictionary.com/misspelling?term=oftan
2b) oh **** I'm an idiot who read that wrong.
2c) of an is what I meant, I actually have a key check at the beginning that lets me skip the intro.
3) point taken
4) point taken
5) point taken
6) point taken
7) point taken
Cool (I actually purchased C, unless my memory failed me) No, it would not. It actually won't let you purchase E unless you own D.

Uhh yeah that dot might be a placeholder...
I went into fits of laughter when I loaded up my entry into SC3.

Oh so true.

(I hope that sharing that one line of code is OK, as it really doesn't give much inspiration to other coders)
I'm pretty much done, so I made this:

https://youtu.be/Iy6PLCyRo6k

Sure, it's a little bit dramatic, but I quite like it.
Hey the vid is really good Smile.
Oh, so we're making our own commercials now?

Challenge accepted!
Just let me finish my program first... Razz
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Oh, so we're making our own commercials now?

Challenge accepted!
Just let me finish my program first... Razz

That was literally 15 min, and I could easily just have a friend (with years of video editing experience) do it for me... if that wasn't against the rules Sad

To be honest, I like making commercial-like content (even just for concepts) because it really makes me think about what the user sees of the program, instead of what I see, as the designer.

(example) You may not appreciate the small detail that I spent six hours on, but I do!

tr1p1ea wrote:
Hey the vid is really good Smile.

Thanks! I whipped up iMovie, QuickTime Player, CEmu, and PowerPoint and basically threw everything together into one huge mess of random clips and effects.

(Not to mention, the credits are a minute long because I clearly did not plan the video out before realizing that the music I chose was about a minute longer than I thought.)

(Also, I was going to edit this song of mine to have a base drop and be all "hip" and "cool" and "in-time" with the visual effects but I scrapped that on the grounds that I made that song in GarageBand on my iPhone and my iPhone battery was dead...)
Did some bugfixing and some more final touches. Certain errors that occurred in the recording (i.e. -113% profits should be -13% profits.)
I'm done, and will be uploading and emailing shortly.

I also gave TLM a little help on his project, convincing him to create a simpler program and gave him an idea for a game where you have to fly through checkpoints, but with a 90 degree twist! (Good luck Laughing)
A little bit of help? I think you may have saved my entry! Very Happy
I submitted it to the archives, but I am unable to email it to the address (which is mostly my fault, but stuff happened), so I PM'd Kerm and jonbush the file and README, and am very sorry for any inconvenience or confusion it causes.
My entry was accepted into the archives, so here it is, along with its companions:

Air Entry: Plane Mania!
Sea Entry: World of Yum!
Land Entry: The GAME OF LAME!!!

During the process, I ported PT_'s rendition of Stick Hero
to the CE because I was bored with the repetition of programming my Air Entry, so check it out here, although it is not part of the contest in any way.
(I'm just going to pretend that I didn't spend ten minutes getting the links for that)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours