I've just started work on making Time Pilot for the CE. I really like the GBA version more than the original, so I'll probably go with that Razz

I have all the sprites ready to go, just need to code the things now. The source code is here:
https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/time-pilot
Well because I am on my kindle right now, I can't really tell what the gif shows. But I'll say that it looks great because all your other programs are Very Happy

EDIT: Now that I am on my computer, I see the gif. Can't wait to see the final product
That sprite is gorgeous!
I really like the source Razz This reminds me of wings.io, I hope it will be as good as that game Wink
Yes! I was just playing this in an arcade at the camp I was at! This is going to be great!
PT_ wrote:
I really like the source Razz This reminds me of wings.io, I hope it will be as good as that game Wink

I love wings.io! It would be awesome if you could have multiplayer and stuff...
Yeah I like wings.io as well Smile

Anywho; I've added in the clouds and shooting mechanism; sadly the clouds are placed randomly once. My next goal is to work on how I want to handle random spawning and destruction of things when they leave the "infinite" arena.

Here's a screenshot: (It's rather jumpy because of my screenshot settings :/)

EDIT: Clouds are now randomly spawned depending on your heading:

Great!!! This might be on the last of your to do list but you must add an ocean on the bottom of the map and have warships coming in that you have to shoot down Very Happy
wow I love three layers of clouds!!! I wish I knew how to do parallax backgrounds but I can't figure it out (in Axe)
TheGeekyScientist wrote:
Great!!! This might be on the last of your to do list but you must add an ocean on the bottom of the map and have warships coming in that you have to shoot down Very Happy

You're wanting it to be like wings.io, but I believe Mateo is planning to stay true to the original arcade game.

Also Mateo, what's with the black box on the right of the gifs?
Michael2_3B wrote:
Also Mateo, what's with the black box on the right of the gifs?

That's where the score and life data is displayed; shown below:

Coolio
xMarminq_ wrote:
Coolio

Haha all right then Razz

Added parachutes scoring and enemies that don't attack yet; my next goal is to determine random spawning for them and attack headings.

Current screenshot:

I was tired sorry about that. Razz

Are you planning to have a minimap to show where things are, enemies left, and possibly less plane spawnage?

This looks amazing so far and would love to see what progress comes next!
xMarminq_ wrote:
Are you planning to have a minimap to show where things are, enemies left, and possibly less plane spawnage?

Have you ever played time pilot before? This is time pilot. Anywho; thanks haha.
Looks awesome man!
Nope Razz

Probably should though...
Update to see if anyone is still curious:

Looking great! Is there, by chance, an option to switch which side of the screen the stats bar is displayed?
Too bad my old ColecoVision was taken apart, never put back together, then used in a trade for my old laptop - i had what i thought was time pilot on it, and want to play it now.

Ill just wait till Mateo finishes this though, as itll be yet another quality project under his belt ^.^

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours