This is a recreation of the classic arcade game Donkey Kong for the Ti-84 Plus CE.
It is programmed in C using the C toolchain and requires the C libraries, which you can download here.

Download: Donkey Kong CE
Source code: DonkeyKong

Wow! That looks amazing! It'll go along nicely with Oiram. Razz
Why didn't you make this topic during development?
This is incredible work, as expected, Rico! I agree with TheLastMillennial: we love to see projects in progress to offer help, encouragement, and feedback where requested.
Wow, this looks amazing! And super accurate! Did you have access to the original source code for Donkey Kong or is this just based off of what you could study from playing it?
Jumpman! Very nice work!
Wow! Amazing graphics, just like in the original game! I'm loving it!!!
Thanks everyone for all the compliments and feedback Very Happy

TheLastMillennial wrote:
Why didn't you make this topic during development?
KermMartian wrote:
I agree with TheLastMillennial: we love to see projects in progress to offer help, encouragement, and feedback where requested.
I actually don't know why I didn't do that. I didn't do that with all my other projects so I thought I would just do the same. I also didn't stumble on a lot of problems that others could help me with, but I will post about my next projects while they are still in development.

Michael2_3B wrote:
Did you have access to the original source code for Donkey Kong or is this just based off of what you could study from playing it?
Both. There is a Donkey Kong hacking kit with commented source code of Donkey Kong that I used to. For some things like collision I had to play it, make a lot of screenshots(>242) and use the debugger of Mame to get the exact hitboxes.
Awesome work Rico! I really appreciate you using some of the latest features of the toolchain Smile This looks like a ton of work; glad to see you made it to the end Razz Do you have any more plans for it; or is it bug fixing for now?
I uploaded a new version to the archives, which fixes that the game would freeze on the flash screen. Thanks to Adriweb, who told me about the bug and found a fix for it.

MateoConLechuga wrote:
Do you have any more plans for it; or is it bug fixing for now?
I want to move on to other projects, so I do not plan to add more features to it anytime soon. If someone reports a bug I will fix it.
Um, even the newly updated version (7/18/17 10:54AM) still freezes my calc on the title screen. I have the latest C Libraries installed.
Rico wrote:
I uploaded a new version to the archives, which fixes that the game would freeze on the flash screen. Thanks to Adriweb, who told me about the bug and found a fix for it.

Well, what I reported was this, which is supposed to be just an optimization, so I'm not sure what causes ZDS to mess it up o_O.
But apparently it doesn't solve the freezing but all the time... something's weird somewhere else Razz
By some reason when I try to launch Donkey Kong on my new Ti-84 plus CE-T it says "memory error" and yes I have played other games on it and its in the ram storage, even though I delete everything else I have downloaded it wont work. If anyone knows how i can fix this so I can play Donkey Kong on my ti-84 plus ce-t please help. The games I have installed and played before is Mario (Oiram) and Pacman and they worked fine.
Mormor wrote:
By some reason when I try to launch Donkey Kong on my new Ti-84 plus CE-T it says "memory error" and yes I have played other games on it and its in the ram storage, even though I delete everything else I have downloaded it wont work. If anyone knows how i can fix this so I can play Donkey Kong on my ti-84 plus ce-t please help. The games I have installed and played before is Mario (Oiram) and Pacman and they worked fine.

One such fix could be getting Cesium or Phasm( both of which have French support), and archiving Donkey Kong, as both shells all you to run archived programs, allowing the game to be ran and not take up all of your RAM.
I downloaded this but I'm getting a memory error. I deleted some things but I'm still getting the error. If someone could help me or tell me very useless things that are pre-installed onto the TI-84 Plus CE that would be great.
*cough* Did you even read the post right before yours? *cough* Wink

Anyways, to delete the things you don't need won't free up much RAM since every app, picture, and language is stored in the Archive. If you still want to delete them, Press [2nd]>[+]>[2]>[1] and delete anything you don't find useful.

Although you can't break your calculator doing this, you can break some games if you just delete whatever you don't recognize. I recommend looking for the app names and languages you never use and delete those. If you have any Matrices that you don't need, I suggest deleting those too. Leave everything else.

There are some great tools that solve these issues, but you're going to have to lift your eyes a little higher to see them and their links. Razz

I also suggest upgrading your OS to OS 5.3 as it allows you to run every program from the Archive, and ASM programs without the Asm( token.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours