Yes I gonna participate as well. Will post one of these days what my plans are Smile
Well, there goes my chances of success
Pieman7373 wrote:
Well, there goes my chances of success

Agreed.

But if PT_ wins, we'll know he deserves it Smile
Crud.

Oh well, good luck PT_! May the best programmer win. Very Happy
Keep calm, I didn't even start yet, and I'm a busy man Razz
PT_... my hopes were already so low but now... my chances of getting 10th place is now 0%. Well, at least I will hopefully be 11th Razz. Good luck ya'll.
My ideas:
- Land: a port of the nice Railway Empire, of course simplified, where you have to send trains from A to B (and C [and D] ...), in order to keep your company running.
- Sea: something similar, but then you have to control a large ship with goods in it. You have to go as fast as possible from A to B (and C ...), while you must escape from pirates, mines, ice blocks and what more Smile
- Air: not sure of, but I thought about WWIII, where you have to transport troops to the right location.

If you have suggestions, feel free to post it (but don't say I'm not allowed to participate)

Let's start Very Happy
I really like these ideas!
Best suggestion is to not participate Razz. Ok I'm kidding... (I saw those scribbles)... maybe for the sea one, make it so that you have to fight pirates... That would be fun Smile
Uh oh, time flies, and I didn't even start my game except some graphics. Will probably only make a game for water/air if I've time. And yes, I'm highly demotivated to participate, because of your responses that 'I'm too good' and whatever.
PT_ wrote:
And yes, I'm highly demotivated to participate, because of your responses that 'I'm too good' and whatever.

(These are my own thoughts, but I feel that the others will feel the same.)
We are sorry, and didn't mean for it to be like that Sad

High expectations are tough, but you are a very good programmer, and your projects are amazing. We really want to see what you can come up with. (Even if it seems really bad)

In retrospect, that seemed not called for and somewhat immature on our part.

Sorry.
Woah, I managed to make a simple game in like 3 hours: electronic circuit, and I've uploaded it to the Archives as well Smile

PT_ wrote:
Woah, I managed to make a simple game in like 3 hours: electronic circuit, and I've uploaded it to the Archives as well Smile

Wow, how'd you do that? I'm barely finishing any of my programs right now! Razz
Are the levels premade or randomized? Also, although it's cool and all, how does it relate to transportation?
PT_ wrote:

That's really amazing and I guess electricity "travels" through wires on land, so that's either really clever, or a coincidence.... I'll go with the first one!

I really wanna play it, but I'd end up spending all my time playing it and would never finish my entries... hmm...
Hax.
So it seems I did not include the compiled program in the ZIP file, only the main source file twice, for whatever reason. Sad So I removed 2 spaces in the source, which causes a syntax error, and removed a "[" and a "]" in a string, because the display of that string was totally messed up. I've uploaded it (including the compiled program), but it's not approved (yet), since the source file got changed and who knows if that's valid or not.
PT_ wrote:
So it seems I did not include the compiled program in the ZIP file, only the main source file twice, for whatever reason. Sad So I removed 2 spaces in the source, which causes a syntax error, and removed a "[" and a "]" in a string, because the display of that string was totally messed up. I've uploaded it (including the compiled program), but it's not approved (yet), since the source file got changed and who knows if that's valid or not.

Unfortunately, I cannot make any exceptions at this point. Once the contest is over, we can approve update.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours