0%  [ 0 ]
The GAME OF LAME! (_iPhoenix_)
 7%  [ 1 ]
Land Loons (Iambian)
 7%  [ 1 ]
DrivingTest (TheGeekyScientist)
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Now that the first part of the contest is over, it is time to vote on the entries! I would like to congratulate all of the conntestants who have been able to complete an entry thus far. If possible, please try the programs out and take a look at the associated thread before making your final decision.

The contenders are:

Headlights by OldNewTimer (thread)
This game is based off of the game "donkey.bas", originally created by Microsoft's founders Bill Gates and Neil Konzen. It was written in the ICE programming language. In this game, you have to manuver your car as to not hit the deer in the road (or shall I say "deer in the headlights":p). This project was made for Cemetech Contest 20: Transit Time in the land category. Remember to practice safe driving and pay attention while you're on the road!

Swerve by dankcalculatorbro (thread)
Dodge the traffic cones as they scroll across the screen. Programmed for the land section of Cemetech Contest 20 by dankcalculatorbro.

Electric Circuit by PT_3 (thread)
Connect the wires in order to distribute the electricity to all the houses. Made in ICE, made for CC20, land entry.

Taxi Simulator by commandblockguy (thread)
Drive a taxi around a city collecting tips. Strategically plan routes to avoid traffic and get the most tips possible! But don't take your eyes off the road for too long, or you might crash! Requires the C libraries - see readme This is my Land entry for CC20 (Theme - Transportation).

Intersection by Kydapoot (thread)
You are a stoplight operator and must control the lights at an intersection in order to prevent crashes. Each stoplight is controlled by its set of three keys (QAZ, WSX, IJN, and OKM). Cars slowly speed up over time and traffic slowly gets worse, so see how long you can last! I hope you enjoy my Land entry to CC20: Transit Time.

The GAME OF LAME! by _iPhoenix_ (thread)
Welcome to the GAME OF LAME! (I spent less than an hour making this, so don't expect much) You are a pedestrian (walking)! You want to cross the street to get to your destination. There are also bad guys (I know right, great name) that will hurt you if you walk on their street! Their streets are not known to you, so you have to figure them out through trial and error! Have fun!

Land Loons by Iambian (thread)
Drive a jumping jeep as a loony loon. Dodge the landmines and deliver packages to outposts all across the desert wasteland.

DrivingTest by TheGeekyScientist (thread)
Here is my contest 20 land entry. It is my backup program which is very simple. I was not able to get my actual contest 20 program working so I had to turn in this one sadly :/. Read the readme for instructions on how to play! Enjoy.
My reviews of the land entries for Contest 20:
(Everyone did I good job I'm just trying giving constructive feedback)

Headlights by OldNewTimer - It was a fine concept. I would have liked to be able to use arrows to switch lanes. Also, it got a little boring. I looked at the source code and it seemed that the speed of the deer didn't get faster over time, which would have helped I think.

Swerve by Me - I think it was an okay concept, but not super engaging. The cones getting stuck bug was annoying.

Electric Circuit by PT_ - First off, there was no link to the download in the thread (when I wrote this). Also, in the file I downloaded the program given was the source code, so I had to compile it myself. But I kept getting errors and I couldn't figure it out. Actual gameplay looks like it could be fun, sorry that I can't review it further.

Taxi Simulator by commandblockguy - Good game, no complaints except add a title screen and link to download in your thread.

Intersection by Kydapoot - First thing, add instructions to run the game in the readme. I have never run a python program on my computer before and had no clue how to. I don't believe I have python on my computer, and since there was no link I didn't go through the trouble of downloading it (sorry, couldn't run the program). Also, add a download link to the program and pictures/gifs to your thread.

The GAME OF LAME! by _iPhoenix_ - Sort of annoying that I had to compile it. I found it confusing, stepping on bad guys didn't seem to affect anything? I always made it to the end with 3 lives?

Land Loons by Iambian - No download link in thread. Good game, well done, only wish that you were able to quit whenever you wanted instead of having to die.
A few things regarding my entry, and my general comments on the other contenders.

1) At the time, I was not sure if my compiled code would work on Windows, as I compile using the Mac Terminal.
2) I made the game in a very short time, and I will update it after the contest (I don't want to change it before the contest is over)
3) For the record, I did not vote for my entry. (I voted for PT_'s as I honestly and genuinely think it is the best, although it is extremely close.)

Here are my reviews of the games:

Headlights: A very nice game, although I wish it was a bit smoother. I really liked the concept, and the graphics were nice.
Swerve: Very similar to Headlights, but with a very different twist. It would be a little more interesting if perhaps there were bonuses you could collect, but together it was very good.
Electric Circuit: I unfortunately am unable to compile it, but I really liked the screen shot. A very interesting concept, and it looks EXTREMELY fun.
Taxi Simulator: Very nice game. I enjoyed playing it very much.
Intersection: An awesome game, well though out and designed.
The GAME OF LAME: This was a really disappointing game and I don't think it should have even made it into the archives.
Land Loons: Extremely fun, and very well designed. I found it fun and high pressure.

Well done to all of the contenders!
Congratulations all of our contestants who were able to complete an entry for this part of the contest. The number of entries is a testament to the level of skill and creativity found and developed here at Cemetech.

I am pleased to announce that the official winner of the CC20: Transit Time land segment is commandblockguy. His entry, Taxi Simulator received the greatest number of votes out of all the entries that were submitted. If you have not already, I would encourage try out this fine game on your TI-84 Plus CE.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours