This program would be for the TI 84+CE

---------------------------------------------------

What it would do:

The user can enter in a boolean expression like:

!(A Or B) And ( C or !D)

With that information, the program would then create and display a truth table for the expression with the inputs outputs and sub-expressions (after simplifying wherever possible).
If the user hits the right arrow key, the program generates and displays a schematic for the given expression.

As of right now I am not sure as to what programming language I will use ( BASIC isn't going to work well though, I learned that from experience).

Any resources I could use to learn C for the TI 84+CE? I checked the learn page, but it seems like a work in progress.
C could do this quickly and efficiently Smile I would recommend checking out the toolchain download page available here:
https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/releases/latest

You will find the wiki https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/wiki to be a good place to look for random things, including the C library documentation http://ce-programming.github.io/toolchain/files.html There are also a bunch of examples available when you download the toolchain to experiment with that are fully commented and ready to build. Feel free to ask if you have any questions! Very Happy
Nate44 wrote:
This program would be for the TI 84+CE

What it would do:

The user can enter in a boolean expression like:

!(A Or B) And ( C or !D)

With that information, the program would then create and display a truth table for the expression with the inputs outputs and sub-expressions (after simplifying wherever possible).
If the user hits the right arrow key, the program generates and displays a schematic for the given expression.

As of right now I am not sure as to what programming language I will use ( BASIC isn't going to work well though, I learned that from experience).

Any resources I could use to learn C for the TI 84+CE? I checked the learn page, but it seems like a work in progress.

okay, well it would be a reasonable thing to do in basic, however, you would need to provide what you would want the truth table to look like, because as it stands, I see you have 4 variables, each with the opportunity to be true or false. which means there are 2^4 (which is 16) possible outputs. Would you want every one of those to be included in your output? If that is the case, then all the outputs will not fit on a single screen's worth of columns, so the difficult part will then be to figure out a way to display all the outputs, whether it be scrolling or a page system.
One more thing, Ideally, the user would not use the "!" to denote the not() operator, since in the CE, the not() token is the way to denote such an operator.
If you want to be lazy about it, basic could work quite well, since you can just plug in 0/1s into the expression, then do expr(not(A Or B) and (C or not(D))) (replace the thing inside expr() with a user entered string)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours