Trying to get a driver for a Toshiba Satellite Radius p55w-b5220. The driver is listed as PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller

I've talked with Kerm about it, he thought it was audio, but no change. I found reference to being chipset drivers, but that didn't make it go away. It's running on PCI bus 0 , device 4, function 0.

Any ideas to look into? I've not been able to find any real significant information on this driver or the hardware it's attached. to.
What's the device ID? You can find it in the details tab of the device.
tifreak8x wrote:
Trying to get a driver for a Toshiba Satellite Radius p55w-b5220. The driver is listed as PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller

I've talked with Kerm about it, he thought it was audio, but no change. I found reference to being chipset drivers, but that didn't make it go away. It's running on PCI bus 0 , device 4, function 0.

Any ideas to look into? I've not been able to find any real significant information on this driver or the hardware it's attached. to.

I'm not much of an expert at drivers and stuff, but i did do a quick google search about your problem.
The link to your PC's drivers and specs are here: http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200008494&osId=38

As for the chipset/PCI driver problem, Intel has a nifty little tool to find the right one you need here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

I hope this helps Very Happy

-OldNewTimer
OldNewTimer wrote:
As for the chipset/PCI driver problem, Intel has a nifty little tool to find the right one you need here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

I wouldn't recommend that. This is not a small tool, this is a rather large software that runs in the background and constantly checks for updates, calls home, and so on.

To get the device ID, just go to Device Manager, select the device in question > Properties > Details > Hardware Ids (or Device Instance Id). Copy the longest one.
I was searching for drivers for a no-name Chinese-built machine recently and discovered Snappy Driver Installer which seems like an ideal tool for these kinds of jobs.

You know how if you go searching for drivers for some device you usually just get shady-looking web sites trying to sell you a "driver wizard" kind of program? SDI is those but free and open source. It does tend to require rather a lot of downloading depending on which package what you actually need is in, but you can mostly let it start and come back later to reboot the machine, at which point it's probably installed everything for you.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours