I think we should have a challenge where everyone who wants to makes a program for his calculator that allows you to move, resize, etc "windows" like in a regular operating system. It would be neat to see who makes the best program. I will post a gif of what I am working on as soon as possible Razz
Challenge accepted, as soon as I can figure out how to get my calculator to stop rapidly convulsing from my latest project.

EDIT:

Do we get extra credit if the windows are (gasp) 3D?
Do we get extra credit if we just use one of the multitudes of C programs that do this?
It'd be more fun to do it in BASIC because BASIC sucks.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Do we get extra credit if we just use one of the multitudes of C programs that do this?

No. Razz I am using Axe right now, and you can use any language, but it has to be your own work Very Happy I have no batteries for my calculator, so I can't get the files off it
Evil or Very Mad
Switchblade wrote:
I think we should have a challenge where everyone who wants to makes a program for his calculator. . . .
I'm disappointed Zeda and other women won't be allowed to participate in this challenge.
DrDnar wrote:
Switchblade wrote:
I think we should have a challenge where everyone who wants to makes a program for his calculator. . . .
I'm disappointed Zeda and other women won't be allowed to participate in this challenge.

Male pronouns are frequently used to represent the human population as a whole.

Ex. Mankind, Early man, no-man's-land, etc
They, their, they're.

THERE you go.
hmmmm windows for your calc, is that not what solarsoftware began a couple years ago Razz

Granted, he did not really get past the UI, but it was still a nifty little project Smile
mr womp womp wrote:

Granted, he did not really get past the UI, but it was still a nifty little project Smile

Actually I think he told me on SAX about a beta release, that was ~a month ago so I'm not sure what happened there. Sad
mr womp womp wrote:
hmmmm windows for your calc, is that not what solarsoftware began a couple years ago Razz

That looks awesome!! Very Happy

DrDnar wrote:
Switchblade wrote:

Or her Razz Anyone!
Ok, here is my demo: Smile

Your program is like 900 times better than mine.

Mine doesn't even work!
Switchblade wrote:

But does it have a grey screen of death? Razz
Switchblade wrote:

Now to put content in those windows and make the content flow properly Smile
Those windows look amazing. Especially the overlap and resizing. Now about the content... Yeah I would die if I had to program that.
If I add content I will just make it refresh with the rest of the window constantly. The program will run much slower, but, hey Razz
CE pls. Seems kinda easy to make. (Sorry f it undermines your hard work on it)

Maybe a Windows Cesium...
Unfortunately I don't own a CE! 😋
/me gives Switchblade https://github.com/CE-Programming/CEmu Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours