So, when I hopped on SC3, and went and selected "TI-84+ CE ICE", the language is exactly like BASIC. So, when I program using that setting, what changes from "TI-84+ CE BASIC"? I would like to program in ICE, but I have no idea what I'm working with.
It's basically the same, but ICE has different tokens, different highlighting, and different indentation Smile
Like what? How different is the highlighting, indentation, and tokens?
In ICE mode, it indents at the "If" token, not the "Then" token, it includes all the C tokens (like SetTransparentColor()), while it removes the unimplemented BASIC tokens, and just the numbers/variables/functions have different colors Wink
Ahhh. What kind of unimplemented tokens?
It would probably be helpful to people like Caleb_J, myself, and newbies out there if there was a simple tutorial on how to use ICE.
Like every BASIC token Razz It just has all the possible ICE tokens in it, and nothing else. So "sub(", "Web" etc are not included.

Myles_Zadok wrote:
It would probably be helpful to people like Caleb_J, myself, and newbies out there if there was a simple tutorial on how to use ICE.

I'm working on that, see http://ice.cemetech.net Wink
PT_ wrote:
Like every BASIC token Razz It just has all the possible ICE tokens in it, and nothing else. So "sub(", "Web" etc are not included.

Why not sub( ?
Caleb_J wrote:
PT_ wrote:

Why not sub( ?

I've asked the same question a few times, aparently its a difficult one to implement in asm. My knowledge of asm is not extensive enough to refute such claims so I believe it :p
Myles_Zadok wrote:

I could make an unaffiliated ICE tutorial and post it on Youtube if that's okay with you PT_. While I'm not super good at ICE, I could run through the basics and making sprites, just for anyone who was looking for a place to start.
dankcalculatorbro wrote:
Myles_Zadok wrote:

I could make an unaffiliated ICE tutorial and post it on Youtube if that's okay with you PT_. While I'm not super good at ICE, I could run through the basics and making sprites, just for anyone who was looking for a place to start.

That is a great idea, except for that it would be inaccessible to me here at Job Corps, as Youtube is blocked. Completely.

Sad
dankcalculatorbro wrote:
Myles_Zadok wrote:

Please do!! If you could make a series that would help me out more than you know! Very Happy Very Happy
dankcalculatorbro wrote:
Myles_Zadok wrote:

Somehow totally missed that post, but I fully agree to this, it seems like a good idea. If you don't know how ICE works, feel free to ask me things, I know everything Razz
Sure, I'll start working on that! I guess I'll make it for the C version of ICE, which is something that I'm not as confident in as the ASM version, but I've been meaning to learn the C version anyway. Very Happy
How would I use the Fpart( command in ICE, or can someone tell me if there's an alternative, or if ICE has an implemented alt for Fpart
coolcrab123 wrote:
How would I use the Fpart( command in ICE, or can someone tell me if there's an alternative, or if ICE has an implemented alt for Fpart

ICE has no fraction support, so clearly no Fpart command exists.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
coolcrab123 wrote:

ICE has no fraction support, so clearly no Fpart command exists.

That'd be why i'm asking if there's a work around...
coolcrab123 wrote:

*That would be why I'm asking if there is a workaround...

No. You can simulate fractions with integers though.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
coolcrab123 wrote:

I need to get this old pc to automatically capitalize stuff.

I don't need to simulate fractions, I need to check them in an if statement when I'm trying to convert a decimal to binary code
coolcrab123 wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
coolcrab123 wrote:

I need to get this old pc to automatically capitalize stuff.

I don't need to simulate fractions, I need to check them in an if statement when I'm trying to convert a decimal to binary code

There are no floating point variables I think. All maths is going to be integer math.
At least this was the case with Axe back on the monochrome calculators.
There is also the signed vs unsigned and 8 vs 16-bit question.
I was absent for a while and have not kept track of the new additions to Axe nor have I really looked into ICE but I guess similar restrictions apply.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours