Found another glitch. If you enter a pipe with a starman you are immortal for all future levels.

How are water coins coming along? Cool
Uploaded a new release of the level editor and game! Here's some new features:

P switch which activates blue bricks and blue coins
    Water coin tiles (These are automatically generated; no need to implement in the editor)
    Fix homescreen glitch when you have a lot of files
    Save state of keypad mode when exiting
    Fix fireball bouncing glitch
    Fix sliding down slopes glitch
    Add snow tiles
    Add ice blocks; which are more slippery and sometimes have coins in them which can be defeated with fire Oiram
    Add doors to act as portals
    Add more random tiles for more fun (and an end pipe tile)
    Make Reswob a little bit easier to defeat

Thanks all and enjoy!

Download: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pce/asm/games/Oiram.zip
Download editor: https://github.com/MattWaltz/oiram-editor/releases/latest
Oriam stopped working for me. I don't know what I did but it stopped working before you even uploaded this update.
it was a normal day,
I activated Cesium
Scrolled down to Oiram
Clicked [Enter]
it said "Backing up" (as usual)
It popped up a white screen for a split second then quit back to Cesium.
I tried it again and the same thing happened
I then took Oiram out of the Archive and into the RAM and tried it again
This time (after backing up), My calculator froze on a white screen and I had to hit the Reset button on the back. (Thank god for Cesium Smile )
I gave up and forgot about it for a few days
This new update was released
I installed the new Oriam
I activated Cesium
Tried to open Oriam
Same thing happened as last time
I didn't put it in the RAM this time,
Instead I reinstalled Cesium
Got the latest C Libraries
Reinstalled all of Oriam
and still the same thing happened.
Every other program I activate in Cesium (C, ASM, Basic) works perfectly fine, only Oriam is acting up.

Here's hoping I'm just doing something stupid and this is an easy fix Wink

EDIT: Whoa, right after I posted this I tried activating Oriam again and it worked. Whaaaat? Confused

EDIT 2: so after quite a while, I think I figured out what was wrong. I made a rookie mistake, I didn't have enough RAM. Laughing
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Oriam stopped working for me. I don't know what I did but it stopped working before you even uploaded this update.
it was a normal day,
I activated Cesium
Scrolled down to Oiram
Clicked [Enter]
it said "Backing up" (as usual)
It popped up a white screen for a split second then quit back to Cesium.
I tried it again and the same thing happened
I then took Oiram out of the Archive and into the RAM and tried it again
This time (after backing up), My calculator froze on a white screen and I had to hit the Reset button on the back. (Thank god for Cesium Smile )
I gave up and forgot about it for a few days
This new update was released
I installed the new Oriam
I activated Cesium
Tried to open Oriam
Same thing happened as last time
I didn't put it in the RAM this time,
Instead I reinstalled Cesium
Got the latest C Libraries
Reinstalled all of Oriam
and still the same thing happened.
Every other program I activate in Cesium (C, ASM, Basic) works perfectly fine, only Oriam is acting up.

Here's hoping I'm just doing something stupid and this is an easy fix Wink

EDIT: Whoa, right after I posted this I tried activating Oriam again and it worked. Whaaaat? Confused

Yeah, basically the same thing happened to me and someone else on tiplanet.
Reloaded everything in archive except the main program, then it started working again... oh well Razz
Hey, same here too!
Heh sorry guys I knew something like that was probable with all the refactoring that took place there Razz
Hey @MateoConLechuga how's this? Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8yqwmT8wqs&t=1s
xMarminq_ wrote:
Hey @MateoConLechuga how's this? Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8yqwmT8wqs&t=1s

I am already aware of it and actually made it the default behavior Razz
Sick! I may wanna do a level pack that does exploitation of these things.
Any update plans for the future?
Can we have custom background support? Maybe multiple layers. Tell me your thoughts on this.
Anybody? Confused
Double posting? More like quadruple posting...
HEHE shhhh...

I don't think it counts if they are over intervals of time anyways.
Mateo? You here? Please respooned to my question
Mateo will respond when he is available to do so, he is a very busy person - though I am sure he will appreciate your keen-ness.

Parallax background support might be a more involved change in the engine - which could also affect performance. Noted that the engine does run well so it's a possibility.

He has updated the app a few times, though perhaps he is working on something else now that is even cooler?!
If I asked too much maybe consider directional bulletbills (coming from both sides of the launcher) and maybe some new tiles to spice it up a bit.
Could you consider a starman / P switch timer under the dash meter?

Also can you make SUPER mario (The big one) be able to have his upper half to hold onto vines without him not on them?
I have an issue. My project Super Marm World has hit a serious roadblock. The first level is corrupted and impossible, and guess what? I think I got there by inserting a new level into the 5th slot of 8 levels. So I was like "Maybe if I change a tile like Oiram's position by one tile up, it will fix the level". So I did that. Didn't fix a thing. And guess what? THE PACK WON"T OPEN IN ANY OIRAM EDITOR VERSION ANYMORE!!! I really need help w/ this. If anyone knows how to fix this is @MateoConLechuga. Mateo, if you can change Oiram's position down one again PLEASE send it back to me. Here is the file of the corrupted world:

https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=1586.new#new
I've posted this on CodeWalrus but I guess I'll post it here too:
Calm down xMarminq_ , this isn't entirely hopeless. Do you have any stray backups? Can you extract the .8xv from your calculator? If worse comes to worse, you can always re-download the program from the archives, load that, then rebuild the new levels. Don't worry, we'll it working again! famous last words...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 16 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours