Quote:
  1. How are equations stored? Do they have a certain format they follow?
  2. How does MathPrint mode work? How does things like the square root or the integral signs stretch?
  3. How are token's accessed from a ez80 program? tice.h tells me their equates but not how to find them and use them.

1. Equations have the same format as strings
2. Who knows
3. They are just bytes; either 1 or 2 in length.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Quote:
  1. How are equations stored? Do they have a certain format they follow?
  2. How does MathPrint mode work? How does things like the square root or the integral signs stretch?
  3. How are token's accessed from a ez80 program? tice.h tells me their equates but not how to find them and use them.

1. Equations have the same format as strings
2. Who knows
3. They are just bytes; either 1 or 2 in length.

Ok I understand now thanks! More questions:
Is it safe to use halt in a program? If yes, will a keypress trigger the pc to start incrementing again?
seanlego23 wrote:
Is it safe to use halt in a program? If yes, will a keypress trigger the pc to start incrementing again?

Halt is indeed safe as long as interrupts are enabled. Once an interrupt is triggered, the interrupting code is handled and returns to the place directly after the halt. A keypress may or may not trigger an interrupt, depending on how it is configured Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
seanlego23 wrote:

Halt is indeed safe as long as interrupts are enabled. Once an interrupt is triggered, the interrupting code is handled and returns to the place directly after the halt. A keypress may or may not trigger an interrupt, depending on how it is configured Smile

Ok. Thank you!
A correction on my previous post, I still don't understand equations that well. On CEmu, I plug in a simple 1 or 2 into the equation variable Y1. And then when I look at the VAT view and tell it to show me the equation in Memory View, the difference between 1 and 2 makes no sense. The only thing I can figure out is the second to last byte of the equation always matches up with the character numbers for 1 & 2, and then the equation ends with a C7. Could anyone explain how it creates an equation?
Are you sure you are looking at the correct entries? When I do Y1 = 1 and Y2 = 2 in CEmu, the memory view says:

Y1: 01 00 31
Y2: 01 00 32

Which lines up exactly; 2 bytes for length of the string and then the string itself.
Regarding the variable formats, you might be interested in taking a look at how CEmu parses stuff for the variables view, it's basically using tivars_lib_cpp (a part of it anyway, right now) : https://github.com/CE-Programming/CEmu/blob/master/gui/qt/tivarslib/TypeHandlers/TH_0x05.cpp#L62
Equations, Strings, and Programs are in the same format.
Ok. Well, I don't know what CEmu is doing or what I'm doing wrong or something, but I understand how it is supposed to be now. Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours