ok so I tried this with my computer and it works perfectly, in fact better than I anticipated. (this is after I put a ~5k resistor in series with the signal)

Soooooo that makes me think it's something with the calculator and the signal it's giving which is weird because it sounds fine just plugged into speakers... any ideas?
Botboy3000 wrote:
ok so I tried this with my computer and it works perfectly, in fact better than I anticipated. (this is after I put a ~5k resistor in series with the signal)

Soooooo that makes me think it's something with the calculator and the signal it's giving which is weird because it sounds fine just plugged into speakers... any ideas?

I have had similar issues with speakers and calcs. I don't know why, but I have also observed that when I connect a speaker to my calculators, there is a cruddy fuzz in the background. I have found this not to be the case with small 2.5mm earphones, so either they are no picking up on it or it has something to do with the amount of power you are drawing. Either way, I doubt you will be able to fix it. I guess you just have to go with it.
the way it is now (Im testing this with HT2) you can't even make out the song that's playing. There is no distinguishing between pitches because everything sounds the same. Its more than just a static in the background, the only sound that comes out is like a screaming child... with static in the background. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours