From the maker of Wal-Rush! and its subsequent Atari port comes a new Wal-Rush for a new system...Wal-Rush NES!

This is my first venture into 6502 Asm, and I can finally see how much of a jungle it is to program in. Razz Right now, I've got code to move him left and right, and to make him fall at a constant acceleration. More will be added, this is only a tech demo!

Screenshot

I find it amazing that, even in 8-bit, Walrii still looks gorgeous. Wink

Download is right here.
Cool! My next big project is to do an NES emulator so it'll be fun to see this running on the calculator as an NES ROM Smile
That's cool. I've never, ever touched the 6502. I've considered delving into 68000 but never got around to it. Are you using this guide? It was the first one that appeared on Google.
oldmud0 wrote:
That's cool. I've never, ever touched the 6502. I've considered delving into 68000 but never got around to it. Are you using this guide? It was the first one that appeared on Google.

For the most part, I'm actually using the many resources at NESDev. When I can't find something there, these little articles are a big help.
Bump.

I have flapping wings and a scrolling background now! Still screenshots can't capture these changes, so download the file and try it out for yourself!

Download here.
Bump.

I've added boundaries and dying! The screen turns red for 1 second after you die, and you begin again. Also, you can't move past the left, right, or upper screen boundaries.

Download here.
Nice! Keep it up!
Bump.

Death animation! Once you reach the bottom of the screen (or touch anything that would kill you, of which there is nothing yet Razz ), the walrus flips over and falls. Press START to restart the game.

Download here.
Bump.

This game now has MUSIC! I have a music track I put in using FamiTone2 (which even plays correctly on a PAL system), and it loops forever as of now. Do you like the music track?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kigzvMho_WM

Download here.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours