» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
I'm not sure how feasible this would be to implement, but it would be nice if when you hover the mouse over a token in the token list, it would tell you the arguments needed.
CodertheBarbarian wrote:
I'm not sure how feasible this would be to implement, but it would be nice if when you hover the mouse over a token in the token list, it would tell you the arguments needed.

What is the purpose of this? When you add the token to your program, it will automatically display the arguments needed Wink
Be able to edit application code that is already made apps
Edit asm files after assembled
these things are probably Impossible but I know its possible if you believe
lol to SeeGreatness ^^

I want there to be an option, when exporting to, say, BBCode,to ignore formatting and only indent or only use formatting and no indent.

By formatting, I mean colors.

Also, perhaps add the ability to change the colors used?
SeeGreatness wrote:
Be able to edit application code that is already made apps

I'm not sure if one is able to edit apps, but if it is, it would be pretty hard, since it's signed and stuff (correct me if I'm wrong).
SeeGreatness wrote:
Edit asm files after assembled

Yep, good one, we will look into this.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I want there to be an option, when exporting to, say, BBCode,to ignore formatting and only indent or only use formatting and no indent.

What is wrong with both colors and indentation?
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Also, perhaps add the ability to change the colors used?

Not sure if this is possible, and I don't see the purpose of that. The current color scheme looks pretty decent (except the ICE one Razz), so I'm not sure why. If you have any suggestions about new colors though, we are willing to think about it Smile
Basically, the half-asleep version of me wanted the ability to export, with indents, to plain text. To this, awake me responds: copy the text in editor and paste "without formatting"
The tokens [xhat] and [yhat] should really be called [xbar] and [ybar].
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Basically, the half-asleep version of me wanted the ability to export, with indents, to plain text. To this, awake me responds: copy the text in editor and paste "without formatting"

Ctrl+A -> Ctrl+C -> Ctrl+V Razz
MateoConLechuga wrote:
The tokens [xhat] and [yhat] should really be called [xbar] and [ybar].

Fixed. Will be changed whenever it's time Very Happy
Perhaps add the option (from the archives) to open a program in SC, where applicable, as I don't really want to have to open every program on-calc, or with TI-Connect.
I am pretty sure that PT_ is correct about the editing of apps but for calculators that we know the key for should be easy (probably not to code tho but easy to use)

If it is possible then I have another suggestion and that is to be able to pre-compile programs for calculators like the ti-86 if/when it gets supported.

and please add touch support for jstified? while using source-coder

I also vote for the post by _IPheonix_ about the option to open a program in SC, (from the archives) where applicable.
ReGuess wrote:
I find the green or red bar (div id="tokenize_result") that comes down to have a highly irritating transition (for example when it automatically saves). I've found that, when working on z80 and jsTIfied is unpaused, the "Project saved. Output is ..." or "File successfully transferred to calculator" notification occurs far too often. (Note that this is rarer when jsTIfied is paused. I have no idea why.)

I think the solution to this is to have the bar constantly visible with a fixed size, but change the color and/or text upon update. For example, when it comes to saving a file, it could be something similar to Notepad++, which changes the color of the tab and adds an asterisk to the displayed filename when an unsaved change occurs.

i agree
T.Wang wrote:
Sorry if this is a repeat of what's been already said, there's 16 pages of suggestions and I don't want to read through all of them.

[] Syntax help for Axe (and other languages)

[] Project sharing

I would defiantly use project sharing

KermMartian wrote:
PT_ wrote:
I would suggest adding the possibility to work with more people on one project/program.
This existed in SourceCoder 2, but because no one used the feature, I didn't make the effort to port it to SourceCoder 3. I have considered adding some sort of GitHub/BitBucket integration, though.

how about adding a function to add a git resource to source coder?
such a feature would work like I am about to explain:

you give the URL in the source coder import page and it imports the files and folders to the editor
this gives me another suggestion to export to GitHub and from there we can share but that would probably require a re-wright of source-coder but would reduce the size on the cemetech server due to source-coder files.

unrelated note I would like a way to post in the future as a way to avoid double posting. and to be able to have a automatic update (such as a launch of a program ) for times when people cannot be connected to the internet when they need to make the post.
Project sharing is a thing now, SeeGreatness
Indeed, sharing has already been added to SourceCoder 3.

SeeGreatness wrote:

Can you please elaborate this? I don't really get it.

SeeGreatness wrote:
I also vote for the post by _IPheonix_ about the option to open a program in SC, (from the archives) where applicable.

We will think about this, and will reply later Smile

SeeGreatness wrote:
unrelated note I would like a way to post in the future as a way to avoid double posting. and to be able to have a automatic update (such as a launch of a program ) for times when people cannot be connected to the internet when they need to make the post.

If you already know you are going to post something in the future, why don't you edit your current post?
PT_ wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:

I believe he means so he can use it on a phone or tablet device. This exists but not implemented very well. Mostly because, at the time, jsTIfied ran very poorly on mobile devices. It's possible it runs better but it's unlikely it runs smooth enough to really benefit the emulator on a mobile device.

Quote:
SeeGreatness wrote:

If you already know you are going to post something in the future, why don't you edit your current post?

I'm pretty sure he wants the ability to browse Cemetech while disconnected from the internet or mobile data. That way he can browse and even make posts. When he reconnects those posts will be synced with the database so others can read and reply. Which isn't practical, I can't think of a single site that allows this.
Pieman7373 wrote:
Project sharing is a thing now, SeeGreatness

PT_ wrote:
Indeed, sharing has already been added to SourceCoder 3.

cool I had no idea
PT_ wrote:

SeeGreatness wrote:

I would like to be able to press on my screen (tablet) to use jstified (I know that it clicks but the accuracy is horrible if it had a option to resize the key sizes then that would be awesome and if not that is ok
PT_ wrote:

SeeGreatness wrote:

yeah but most of the time I am on the bus and do not have WiFi but I want to create a post. and sometimes like I said if I want to make a post at a certain time and I am in a meeting or something I still want to be able to submit that post. And to avoid spammers you can limit the feature to members or something like that after all we have the ranking system
SeeGreatness wrote:
yeah but most of the time I am on the bus and do not have WiFi but I want to create a post. and sometimes like I said if I want to make a post at a certain time and I am in a meeting or something I still want to be able to submit that post. And to avoid spammers you can limit the feature to members or something like that after all we have the ranking system

As I said, this isn't practical. When you submit a form online the server processes that request. It takes the data from the browser and slips that info into a file or a database of some sort. This isn't practical because if you're offline there's no server to accept that request. You could theoretically run a server in your local machine but you'd need to tell your DNS to reference that server when you navigate to Cemetech.net, rather than our actual IP.

Now you've got more challenges. How do you switch between the local server and the remote server that actually runs Cemetech? Where do you cache all of the web pages and files you could ever want to navigate to and see on Cemetech? Where do store the posts you want to post when you're back online? How do you authenticate and post when you get back online?

You can't feasibly download every program because you might want to download it on the bus. You can't feasibly cache every page you'd want to visit because maybe you want to read a topic while you're on the bus. It's technically feasible to cache every page you visit but they are only as current as your last physical visit.

This could be possible if there was a Cemetech app. Which is still impractical. I can't think of a single forum app that allows offline viewing. Maybe, maybe that app allows you to download topics but offline viewing isn't a standard feature, it's something you'd have to opt-in for certain topics. Much like Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, etc. There's thousands of songs on those services but you can't download everyone of them because you might want to listen to something. You can download playlists and stuff so you can have certain songs with you but they always require you to download in advance.

I strong recommend you spend time doing something else on the bus, such as read or find something to do offline like programming. Download some programming tutorials so you can access them offline and get practicing. Smile
I was literally just looking for an offline C compiler for iOS (not for CE) but it appears they are all paid (which I don't mind if it works, but it seems they don't), some exceeding the 100 USD mark... *sigh*

I guess I personally won't be doing much programming on my bus rides...

There are excellent C (in fact, there are probably some for all widely-used programming languages) tutorials on the App Store though, and I highly recommend them.
SeeGreatness wrote:

Good news, we decided such thing could be useful, so you might expect this sooner or later! If you have any suggestions or whatever about this, feel free to post it Smile
Here's the non-condensed version of my idea:

There should be a button "open project in SC3". When clicked, it searches through the uploaded file, looking for files that SC3 recognizes. If there are multiple folders, the user is shown a screen with check boxes, each representing a folder to import from (if a user checks a checkbox, it means he/she wants SC3 to check for files in there).

Each folder is recognized as a project, so a upload with lots of subfolders would lead to lots of projects, if they are all checked. To solve this issue, perhaps add a third layer to the file hierarchy (which is currently made of projects containing files) called "upload", that is only used by SC3 while importing a file from the archives. An "upload" in this hierarchy could contain multiple projects.

I think that there should be a limit to how many files SC3 can import at once, to prevent the software from going crazy.

Now that I think of it, this is really overcomplicated, so perhaps just add a little button next to each file that is recognized by SC3, next to the "open in jsTIfied" button.

Also, I think that the "open in jsTIfied" button should not be shown on files that are not for devices supported by it.
/me opens casio games with an 83+ rom and plays dos games all thanks to jsTIfied Razz
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
There should be a button "open project in SC3". When clicked, it searches through the uploaded file, looking for files that SC3 recognizes. If there are multiple folders, the user is shown a screen with check boxes, each representing a folder to import from (if a user checks a checkbox, it means he/she wants SC3 to check for files in there).

Each folder is recognized as a project, so a upload with lots of subfolders would lead to lots of projects, if they are all checked. To solve this issue, perhaps add a third layer to the file hierarchy (which is currently made of projects containing files) called "upload", that is only used by SC3 while importing a file from the archives. An "upload" in this hierarchy could contain multiple projects.

I think that there should be a limit to how many files SC3 can import at once, to prevent the software from going crazy.

Like jsTIfied, we will surely check for each program in the project from the archives, if it's openable with SC, and if not, it will be ignored. I don't get the purpose of your second suggestion though. Just grabbing all the programs in the project, and storing them all to a single project in SC would be fine. Otherwise, if you have a lot of folders in your project, you would get a lot of new projects in SC Razz

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Now that I think of it, this is really overcomplicated, so perhaps just add a little button next to each file that is recognized by SC3, next to the "open in jsTIfied" button.

That was my idea as well Smile

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Also, I think that the "open in jsTIfied" button should not be shown on files that are not for devices supported by it.

Like? Only CE C/ASM programs are not supported yet, and I'm not aware of other programs that shows the icon but are not compatible with jsTIfied.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 17 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours