The MemKit axiom (included in the Axe download) can do that.
How do I type r as in fullr?
It's the third option in the "angle" menu. Key combination: 2nd > APPS > 3
I'm trying to compile a program with Axe on the jstified emulator,

Code:
PROGRAM:A
:.B

but it gives me the error "ERR: BREAK" and freezes up. Why is this?
I wouldn't be too surprised if Axe fails to properly parse programs with no content. What happens if you actually add code? Even something functionally useless like just a Return?
When I add a few lines of code (i.e 1->N, Disp N, etc.) it just turns off the emulator and resets the RAM when I try to compile.
What version of Axe are you using? Axe 1.2.2 is probably the most stable version, which can be found here. There's also an Axe 1.3.0, but it involved a large internal rewrite and became less stable, and I wouldn't recommend that the average user use it.

It may also be possible that jstified simply isn't emulating Axe properly. Probably the most reliable emulator is Wabbitemu, although I've only tried the Windows version.
IS Axe for the ti-84 plus ce or other calc ?
Nope, just the monochrome TI-83+/84+. For the CE, ICE is a great tool that serves a similar purpose.
I have a different question. In ICE, how could I make a rotation code. Let's say I wanted to be a dot on a screen, and I wanted another pixel to rotate in a circle, no matter where my coordinates were on the calculator screen (x 0-320 and y 0-240)? I want to make a raycasting engine in ICE but first I want to have a player be able to turn in a circle so I can then add pixels as walls for a wall collision. Can anyone please help??
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
I have a different question. In ICE, how could I make a rotation code. Let's say I wanted to be a dot on a screen, and I wanted another pixel to rotate in a circle, no matter where my coordinates were on the calculator screen (x 0-320 and y 0-240)? I want to make a raycasting engine in ICE but first I want to have a player be able to turn in a circle so I can then add pixels as walls for a wall collision. Can anyone please help??

Why would you come to the AXE thread to post an ICE question? Just post it in the ICE thread! Rolling Eyes
TheLastMillennial wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

Why would you come to the AXE thread to post an ICE question? Just post it in the ICE thread! Rolling Eyes

Man, I meant to go to the ice forum but I wasn't paying attention lol
But I have an axe question: Since there is an axe compiler for a ti 84 monochrome, will and can there ever be one for the ti 84 ce?
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

Since there is an axe compiler for a ti 84 monochrome, will and can there ever be one for the ti 84 ce?

Never ( Sad )
Yeah I think ICE is the closest we are going to get
Although the exact syntax and commands are different, ICE is spiritually like Axe for the CE. I talked with PT_ quite a bit about the design and implementation of ICE. It definitely took design cues from Axe.
Shuffling in Axe
Here's a routine using the Fisher-Yates Algorithm to accomplish shuffling a set of numbers in Axe.

Code:
0:For(52):->K
{rand^(K+1)+L1->Q}->{K+L1}
{K->{Q}}+1
End

It used to use Exch() but @DeepThought showed me another ways to do it so some credit goes to him for optimization.
The changes I made mean that this is neither the Fisher–Yates algorithm, nor does it shuffle a list of numbers Wink

All it does is to generate a shuffled list of the first K non-negative integers, which is a simpler operation. (Your original code was the list shuffling algorithm proper.)
I gotta question!
How do you make appvars that are bigger than RAM?
Like, I need some HUGE appvars in archive, but have no idea how to make/write to them.
Thanks in advance!
I've been reading the Axe documentation, and it says that sprites are typed in HEX, but how do I convert a picture into a number so that I can turn it into HEX?
sirdudeman wrote:
I've been reading the Axe documentation, and it says that sprites are typed in HEX, but how do I convert a picture into a number so that I can turn it into HEX?

To create sprites/tilemaps on your calculator, tileIt! is a pretty well-featured tool. To do so on any device with a web browser, Pixelscape offers similar functionality (and supports tileIt! import/export).

There are also plenty of other tools that can do this. The data format of Axe's 8x8 sprite structure is relatively simple; it's described here. Grayscale and other special sprites are just a combination of two sprite datas back to back, giving 4 distinct values per pixel instead of 2.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours