The way this thread works:

Note: 'project' and 'challenge' are used interchangeably.
1) You can either improve a previous project, comment on a project, or complete a project.
2) You can only challenge people to make a project if you have completed the most recent challenge, or if it is the first post (this one)
3) You must give multiple options in your challenge. (They only have to do one)
4) You may not challenge a specific user/users.
5) Keep it reasonable: Don't challenge people to make things that are too easy, have already been done before (within reason), or are unrealistic.
6) When completing a challenge, you must release source.
7) TI-Basic only
Cool Teaming with other users is allowed.
9) The first person to come up with a satisfactory result to any challenge wins that challenge. If two+ users post for the same challenge on the same day (with substantially different code), size and speed are taken into account.
10) You cannot complete your own challenge.
11) The challenges should be decently large. Nothing over the top, though.

I enjoy doing these, and I hope the community does, too.

Here's my challenge:
a) Create a rudimentary 3D render, with code, without raycasting.
b) Create a Base-64 encryptor/decrypter (look it up), that inputs any alphanumeric string (and space)
c) Create a Maze generator, and the player can move in the maze who cares about walls. Also, for brownie points, (optional) create 'mobs' that pathfind to the player (health bar is optional )
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

b) Create a Base-64 encryptor/decrypter (look it up), that inputs any alphanumeric string (and space)

Just a follow up question.

Do we have to follow the ASCII standard for encoding the characters? For example, the string we create, does it have to follow the ASCII standard or can we use the specific calculator characters?
A-Z, a-z, 0-9, ' ' (space)

That's it!
That's only 63 characters though, I believe. I'll just use : as a char for now until it gets sorted out.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
c) Create a Maze generator, and the player can move in the maze who cares about walls. Also, for brownie points, (optional) create 'mobs' that pathfind to the player (health bar is optional )

This is CC19 v2 Just Joking

Can I make it like a Bomberman game, where a "maze" is generated, but it's not a straightforward path?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours