The trailer is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

Some people are excited, however I'm proceeding with caution ... I'm not exactly sure what has happened to Star Wars.
I'm sure Disney has moved to a story-spinoff release schedule to keep things fresh (And so they can't kill the series)
tr1p1ea wrote:
I'm proceeding with caution

In lieu of our manta "Quality over Quantity," why are you proceeding with caution? Disney has shown they are fully capable of releasing awesome movies, for instance The Avengers and the Marvel Cinematic Universe. When Disney bought LucasFilm, or arguably Star Wars, lot's of people were throwing their hands in the air and saying Star Wars was ruined. Very few people knew (know?) that Disney also owns Marvel.

tr1p1ea wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what has happened to Star Wars.

Good things have happened. A lot of Star Wars lore was outside of the movies. Instead within books, comics and , childly animated TV shows -- I do concede that I do watch kid-oriented TV shows such as Phineas and Ferb but, the animation style of Clone Wars is just really off-putting to me so I never made an effort to watch nor follow it.

So I find these spin-offs incredibly satisfactory. In Rouge One we are getting the story of how the Rebels stole the plans for the Death Star. I can't find a video source but it's mentioned in Episode 5 (I believe) during the briefing. I'll finally be learning the story and adventure of how the Death Star plans were stolen.

Additionally, Disney wants money and Star Wars his a HUGE cash-cow. They know fans are desperate for movies after the 15 or so years since prequel trilogy and the 40 since the original trilogy. We want more. Disney is delivering. Anything the put out will sell out. They also know that if they ruin it they'll lose dedicated fans. They did a hit a grand slam with Ep7 and Rouge One looks incredible. I have full faith in Disney to stay true to Star Wars.
Quote:
Rouge One

Definitely not looking forward to a year of this...
elfprince13 wrote:
Quote:
Rouge One

Oops, I'll be sure to do it intentionally from here on out Wink Evil or Very Mad
To necro-bump: There has been several trailers since this topic and tickets finally went on sale 11/28 at 12:01am EST, or 9:01pm here on the Pacific Coast of the states.

Managed to grab tickets for 12/16 at 7:15pm at The Alamo Draft House -- Link is a video, which is explicit. I just really like linking it because they're a theater that cares about the viewing experience and that video conveys that message, albeit unconventionally.
I really don't feel comfortable with more Star wars movies, i would be perfectly fine if they just stopped at the original trilogy. I, however, do not hate the prequels. Despite the much better quality/acting/etc of TFA, i still find the prequels more interesting to watch, as TFA just feels like rehash and fan service.
Just throwing in my two cents.
Yeah upon reflecting TFA is more of a 'corporate' star wars - seemingly designed to be a safe money generator - which makes sense when you consider disney's investment in Lucasfilm, it needs to be paid off!

I'm not sure kathleen kennedy is the correct person to be calling some of the shots, especially when it comes to storyline etc - which is why there is a lot of criticism about whether or not there are political agendas in TFA etc. But that's all in the past.

I'll be checking out RO when it comes out, hopefully it's good!
Bump but I'm glad to see that a lot of the cheesey footage from the trailer wasn't actually in the film.

R1 was a good film imo, not perfect but well worth watching.
Yeah! I remember watching a video where they talked a bit about that. The Director wasn't gunna use it but Marketing wanted it and he was all "But why, it's not in the movie?" To which Marketing responded "It's okay, you're here to make the movie and we're here to sell the movie. It's what we do. Trust us."

I think it worked out very well. I didn't even notice stuff was missing until I watched that video. It's not in my YouTube history so as soon as I find it I'll share it.
The first 15-20 minutes or so really threw me, just because it jumped around so much between locations so rapidly. But once it settled into the story I enjoyed it.

I re-watched TFA yesterday. I don't think it's a bad movie, but there is a lot of rehash from Ep.IV. However, as pointed out earlier, I think they played it somewhat safe to generate some good cash flow and hopefully with Ep.VIII they branch out a little more.
elfprince13 wrote:
Quote:
Rouge One

After a quick glance at Google Trends, the spelling error seems more common in Canada overall. I blame the Canadian Football League.
Necro BUMP. Watched this and immediately thought of your comment.

elfprince13 wrote:
Quote:
Rouge One

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours