original post:
for our exams we had to reset our calculators and now my calculator won't accept any input nor will it be recogdnised by my pc when i plug it in.

update:
so the calculator is not connecting to my PC, i have seen various threads of people with the same problem and the xplanation is always to='plug it in farther' or use a different cable.
but i have already tried multiple different cables and it is physically impossible to plug it in any further.
hold down 2nd and del and then press the reset button on the back of the calc and then reconnect to the pc and it should prompt you on what to do next. hopefully this helps! my calc did something similar where i'm guessing i ran a ''bad'' ASM program and i thought for sure that I had bricked it! but than i did the 2nd+del+reset and reinstalled the OS and it worked like new!
The explanation is not to plug it in farther and use a different cable. You need to reset and reinstall the operating system. You can do so by pressing 2nd, del and the little reset button all at once, then downloading it from ti and sending it over through ti-connect CE.
mr womp womp wrote:
The explanation is not to plug it in farther and use a different cable. You need to reset and reinstall the operating system. You can do so by pressing 2nd, del and the little reset button all at once, then downloading it from ti and sending it over through ti-connect CE.

yet whatever i do everytime i plug in my calculator into my pc TI connect refuses to recognise it, my pc does and says it cant find a driver for the program, i thought it may have been a problem with the PC and now i have already tried with 2 different computers.
3STUDIOS wrote:

yet whatever i do everytime i plug in my calculator into my pc TI connect refuses to recognise it, my pc does and says it cant find a driver for the program, i thought it may have been a problem with the PC and now i have already tried with 2 different computers.

If one of your friends has the same calculator, and you still have the double ended transfer cable, you can actually download the OS from your friends calculator. Press 2nd, [X,T,Theta,n] then E.
Have you installed TI Connect CE? Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours