I've been wondering how long people have had their calculators.

I myself have a TI-84+SE that I've been using almost daily since 2004, still working great. Haven't bought another yet in all this time.
I think I got my first TI-30 in 1977 (?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TI-30#/media/File:TI-30-3682e2.jpg

Geeze I'm feeling old.
Both me and my bro got our TI-83+ in 2001, then my 83+SE in 2002 and my TI-89 Titanium in 2007. I got most other of my calcs in 2009, although I got the TI-Nsprie CX, x-CG10, CSE, CE and Classpad II as soon as they came out.
Ehm, since 2014 or so, I got one from school (err, had to buy one), and that was the first normal calc I had (well, I had the TI-30XB before, but that is not a real calc Razz).
I'm in the same boat as PT_, but my dad tried to convince the teacher a color calc wasn't needed, so he bought me an 85 (from goodwill; extremely cheap) and learned we actually needed the CE due to the color features.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I'm in the same boat as PT_, but my dad tried to convince the teacher a color calc wasn't needed, so he bought me an 85 (from goodwill; extremely cheap) and learned we actually needed the CE due to the color features.

What math functions did you do that required different colors?

To contribute to the thread, I've had my TI-84 Plus since Algebra 1 in 2012, and my TI-84 Plus CE since I temporarily lost my 84 Plus before school started in 2015.
I had a TI-34 for all of in... uh, 2013 I think?
I then got my TI-84 Plus CE in 2015 because geometry. Smile
I received my first calc, a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, in seventh grade, where I began my programming life. I had it stolen late in eighth grade, at which point I quickly purchased a TI-84 Plus CE, which is my only calc today.
CalcMeister wrote:
I received my first calc, a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, in seventh grade, where I began my programming life.

This exact same thing happened to me, except the calculator I got was a TI-84 Plus CE. I'm in 8th grade now, so 1 year. Smile
CHill wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

What math functions did you do that required different colors?

To contribute to the thread, I've had my TI-84 Plus since Algebra 1 in 2012, and my TI-84 Plus CE since I temporarily lost my 84 Plus before school started in 2015.

We had scatter plots that were similar, but I needed a way to determine which was which, at a glance.

calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
CalcMeister wrote:
I received my first calc, a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, in seventh grade, where I began my programming life.

This exact same thing happened to me, except the calculator I got was a TI-84 Plus CE. I'm in 8th grade now, so 1 year. Smile

Believe it or not, I've been programming since I was 5 Razz

(Abridged) Rundown of my programming life:
5: learned BASIC (like the original Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code)
6: I wrote a slot machine, or at least a 6 year old's idea of a slot machine.
(I still cannot believe I was content with BASIC for like 5 years)
10: learned java to make minecraft mods, also learned basic HTML, JS, and started playing around with spreadsheets (like a lot of spreadsheets.)
11: made my first java game, for a school project, and it was a raycaster.
12: got my first programable calc, and learned TI-Basic. I also learned and dropped Python. Too many lambda's *vomits*.
13: ported my 6yr old self's BASIC slot machine to TI-Basic, which was really fun.
I've had my TI-85 for about 11-12 years now, and my TI-83 for somewhere around 9 years. The others are all rather recent, within the past six or so years.
I got my casio prizm on christmas and have already filled 89% of the memory with junk. I have already taught myself casio basic! A while ago I tried to teach myself c++ and am going to learn c by using PicoC utilities.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours