In April (2013) I uploaded here my classic snake game. Since then it became the second most popular Prizm archive on this site (after the great Tetrizm game), it has more than 4500 downloads. However I think the original game (v1.00-v1.01) is quite boring after a while. So I decided to improve the game and I started working some days ago after Christmas.

I added 5 new levels (Nokia calls them "mazes"). Each level has a separate high score page, you can reset them one by one. In addition to the 6 built-in levels I made a possibility of creating 4 custom levels but no level editor has been done yet (it's planned in v1.03 and I hope I can publish it as soon as possible).

And here are some screen shots of the new features:

Note 1: the levels are originally made by Nokia, I just copied them
Note 2: upgrading from v1.00 or from v1.01 will reset your high scores and your current gameplay
Looking great, having lots of fun with it. For some reason I hadn't heard about it until this post.

EDIT:

What do you think about custom colors?
I can include this in the next version if you really need it. I just have to implement an RGB565 color picker
This absolutely looks like a great upgrade to the old Snake version. Congratulations on the game being so popular, and thank you for being conscientious enough to want to get people looking for Snake a very solid game rather than coasting on the existing version. Smile
flyingfisch wrote:

balping wrote:
I can include this in the next version if you really need it. I just have to implement an RGB565 color picker

I'm a a bit lazy, will the builtin color picker be enough (it has 8 colors)?
balping wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

balping wrote:

I'm a a bit lazy, will the builtin color picker be enough (it has 8 colors)?

I think that would be fine. Smile
Hi,
This is awesome!!
When is the next version coming out?
An idea for cuostum level: have the user build it using a dot to draw lines and other stuff.
Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours