I was told it couldn't be done. Mathprint must be enabled for this trick to work.

PT_, you were wrong
His lies

I'm just kidding. PT_ is an awesome member of the community, and I doubt anyone knew about this.

[removed by poster as it was mildly mean]
*immediately ports it to all his games Very Happy
good job finding this!
All of these can be gotten by sending chars from your computer or using hex codes, but it's whatever.

Nice trick though! I wonder if this works with any other MathPrint characters?
Part 1: How does one do that?
Part 2: It does (with some)
For some reason I always assumed that going this would store the token as one string element, not as each individual piece. Good to know! Now I can finally use that weird wavy 'X', the left and right black triangles, the cool 'F', and the percent sign.
CHill wrote:
For some reason I always assumed that going this would store the token as one string element, not as each individual piece. Good to know! Now I can finally use that weird wavy 'X', the left and right black triangles, the cool 'F', and the percent sign.

It does. With mathprint, though, it puts boxes down to show you where to put numbers. These boxes are chars, so you can get them this way. To get thoes other things you mentioned, you might have to resort to external tools.
Textlib for the CE is an easy way to get the entire ASCII chart in Hybrid Basic.
Yes, I simply need the char for later use. (i.e. Save it to a string)
The only problem is... you can't open a program in TI-Connect with this token in it. Sad
Use SC3, it's called "mathprintbox" (iirc)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours