It was tons of fun! It was structured in such a way that we started in the living room enjoying cheese and crackers then the story progressed to a dinner setting. Where we mingled, as our characters, over dinner. We had scripts and stuff and during dinner there would be questions I could ask the others and they had a pre-written response. But there was plenty of in-character and off-script banter.

The scene was that we all convened at a manor to discuss the inheritance of one of the characters grandmothers. I was her personal chef for years, her son, the sons ex-girlfriend etc etc. Half way through dinner we all noticed that our scripts were hating really hard on the son and we all joked, off script, that we'd kill him. And sure enough, he ended up being killed.

It was so much fun. If you get a group of people who really enjoy getting into character then it makes for an amazing atmosphere. The hard part is finding people. Okay, it may not be that hard but you want to invite people for the script. You don't want to invite ten friends over and then figure out who plays who. You may have too many women and not enough female characters in the script. My friend who hosted, sent us all envelopes and the materials to bring with us. It worked really well.

As for the facial hair, started growing it out when I left my job in December. I figured I had a month to grow it out just to see if I could grow something. I can't but I still want to see what I look like with a beard. I think it'll look terrible. I trimmed it up at once point but that is roughly two months of growth. It's weird when I go to drink out of a glass and my mustache gets in the way. I'll evaluate my situation at the end of March; I have friend who grow beards much faster than I and don't think it's worth it but I've come this far.
Last December, I built the following puzzle, which includes several vintage trains in Chicago:

I was able to locate the actual location on Google Earth, and found that a similar view could be achieved from the foot bridge over the Metra Museum Campus/11th St. station. When I traveled through Chicago today, I was able to take a picture of what it looks like today:

Oh, wow! I remember that puzzle; not sure if you posted it before or I've seen it elsewhere. But that's really cool that you were able to visit the same scene as the puzzle and capture an identical frame!
Took Macro Man Alex to a few events this weekend. First stop was the Bay Area Maker Faire in San Mateo, CA:

Here he is with some buttons for FIRST Robotics Competition, or FRC.

Here he is looking at a Megabot; in August this mech and one from Japan will duel.
http://www.newequipment.com/technology-innovations/update-japan-us-giant-robot-duel-still-delayed

This heart is on FIRE!

The next day we went to a class mates Sea Scout event. Mini Me liked the boats.

After a hot day we got a milkshake!
Alex wrote:
Took Macro Man Alex to a few events this weekend.

I hope I'm not the only one on this forum who is wishing they had a Macro Man of themselves. I need one!
Do it! It's a bit pricey but I recommend it. Even if you do it a few years from now. This guy cost me $430. He's 8" tall but I can buy him for $290 now. I could of gotten a 6" version for $330 but the count the head to toe height, so the figure is really 6" tall but if I were standing he'd be 8". Not sure if every company does it this way though.

The longer you wait the cheaper it'll get it. He's already a 1.5 years old. In another 2 years it should be more affordable. Not to mention consumer printers having greater resolution and 3D scanning rigs more common place, perhaps. I say that last part because I can also buy the .OBJ file but it'll set me back $900 so, I won't be doing it. I definitely want a 3D file of myself eventually though. So, hopefully there will be places where I can get it done cheaply.

That said, the link below is where I got it done but google around, there may be another company closer to you!
https://www.doob-3d.com/en/connect/locations/
I thought you photoshopped it in, but the truth is even stranger than fiction!
Alex wrote:
Do it! It's a bit pricey but I recommend it...

You could always do it yourself with an Xbox Kinect Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh3MSIEsh2w
That's actually really cool. I've played with Kinect before but that was before I thought 3D printing was a consumer product. But this video was released in Oct. 2014 and I took this photo (or at least uploaded it) in March 2014. The thing with he Kinect version is that there's room for error as the scan takes a certain amount of time. With the method the company did for me was Photogrametery, there was about 25 DSLRs that took a photo around me and was done in 1/160th of a second or whatever they were synced to. It takes more processing time but at least there are no errors in the data from the model moving. But yeah, that's totally a viable option for the home 3D'er. The color wasn't that bad either! My experience with Kinect was that the lenses were too far apart to accurately put the color image over the depth map but I suppose that could be pretty easy to correct for.

68035NNsou508011-R1-006 by Nikky, on Flickr

Nikky in Ljubljana. From a recently developed roll of film.
Picked this up from a friend who was moving and no longer had room for it. It was night when I drove home but I like to believe a few people saw this in my passenger seat.

It's not real but it is fully animatronic; it sings songs and tells jokes. I don't have room for it but I also couldn't say no.
jonbush wrote:
Last December, I built the following puzzle, which includes several vintage trains in Chicago:

I was able to locate the actual location on Google Earth, and found that a similar view could be achieved from the foot bridge over the Metra Museum Campus/11th St. station. When I traveled through Chicago today, I was able to take a picture of what it looks like today:

(This google maps screenshot is in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, not too far from where I live. Chagrin Falls was Bill Watterson’s home town)

Not technically a candid photo, so I’ll add a pic of a flower in my yard:

Nice work iPhoenix!

Just seeing if this photo will show up
IMG_20170520_141229 by Nikky, on Flickr
Beach on Ærø.
We recently moved house, and our cat (Heidi, whom we only adopted maybe 2 months ago), is only just starting to explore her new backyard. This was the first time I've caught her getting the confidence to get up on the fence to see the surroundings. About 5 seconds later, she jumped back down and ran inside (she likes to be in her safe place) Razz

(Click on the image for the full size)

What a good hoppy cat!
Minerva cat is best cat. Thanks for sharing. Smile
allynfolksjr wrote:
(image)
That's a cute sleep kitty!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 123 of 126
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours