Have you ever been referred to as Calculator boy/girl?
Yes
 85%  [ 17 ]
No
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

We're all nerds that walk around with calcs, and sometimes that attracts attention (for some reason). What calculator-centric nicknames have you been given? Calculator Boy seems to be a popular choice.
Especially in high school so far, that was my nickname for the longest time.
Calculator boy and programmer dude are my nicknames Very Happy
I have no specific nickname related to calculators, but people are joking about me and calculators with things like "I'll marry it" and stuff.
Nik wrote:
I have no specific nickname related to calculators, but people are joking about me and calculators with things like "I'll marry it" and stuff.
Same here, except they go even further than that. I had a picture drawn of what a human/calc offspring would look like.
Nik wrote:

Same. Razz I'll probably hear joke's about it until college.
I suspect this came up because of a discussion we were having on HCWP two weeks ago. I was called "Calculator Boy" in high school, which I suspect was meant as an insult but about which I was always inordinately proud.
KermMartian wrote:
I suspect this came up because of a discussion we were having on HCWP two weeks ago. I was called "Calculator Boy" in high school, which I suspect was meant as an insult but about which I was always inordinately proud.

Me too! I was also called a lot of, uh, more profane calculator-centric nicknames too, but I of course will not post them here....

EDIT: I was also severely made fun of in other ways (I.E. Breaking into my locker and hiding my calculator... I do not like anyone being called/tormented because of an obsession.
Well, people do try to bully me about calculators. But I learned to deal with it, and also I like being special.
And the best bonus is when it starts getting less the older you and your classmates get, it is quite relieving to have someone on my side now. So, overall that bullying probably did more good than harm to me, despite that probably being not planned. Smile
I have also been called calculator boy (and various variations of this) 😂😂😂😂😂
People are constantly telling me, "You're addicted to that thing!" Very Happy
I used to get called a "calculator geek" or "calculator nerd" in high school. I didn't particularly appreciate the name back then, but I'm quite fond of it now Razz
Switchblade wrote:

Same, although I am making progress with programming, which is making people take interest in my projects (or so I hope Smile)
Battlesquid wrote:
Switchblade wrote:

Same, although I am making progress with programming, which is making people take interest in my projects (or so I hope Smile)

No one I see regularly enjoys programming, so they don't care or understand what I'm doing on my precious calculator. Razz
Switchblade wrote:
Battlesquid wrote:
Switchblade wrote:

No one I see regularly enjoys programming, so they don't care or understand what I'm doing on my precious calculator. Razz

I literally joined this forum (I heard of it in one of Kerm's books, which I have read so many times it is falling apart) as a haven from the people who were calling me "addicted". I guess the nicknames kinda stuck as I got older...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours