I don't see why people are so shocked about RAM clears. I use a loophole everyone should use. First go to Groups and then press Create New, And name it RAM. Then press All+ and press enter. Whenever your RAM clears, you can just ungroup it. Doesn't this work. Plz comment about this.
Especially for ASM people, when you are debugging programs, which can crash every 5 minutes, so then it would not be useful to group all the program, (RAM clears), and upgroup them. I just resend the files, which takes less time. Alternatively, you could use Cesium to backup RAM before a crash, although that takes some seconds.
How does it take less time?
Edit: I mean on existing prgms (oops)
#Tankidaboss wrote:
How does it take less time?

Overclock the CE, or do nothing, that routine is already pretty optimized I would say. I mean, it is fine if it takes a few seconds to backup RAM, for normal users.
Besides doesn't Cesium get RAM cleared so how can u use it if its gone?
Edit: Nvm new update of Cesium
#Tankidaboss wrote:
The new update of Cesium adds compression so the shell is smaller. I don't believe that it prevents RAM Clears from deleting it.
KermMartian wrote:
#Tankidaboss wrote:
The new update of Cesium adds compression so the shell is smaller. I don't believe that it prevents RAM Clears from deleting it.

It does that as well; as long as you are inside it Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
#Tankidaboss wrote:

It does that as well; as long as you are inside it Smile
Neat! I'm curious how it does that; do you have some documentation somewhere on the topic?
KermMartian wrote:
Neat! I'm curious how it does that; do you have some documentation somewhere on the topic?

Oh, it just archives the loading program when it is first run. It's pretty basic.
PT_ wrote:
Especially for ASM people, when you are debugging programs, which can crash every 5 minutes, so then it would not be useful to group all the program, (RAM clears), and upgroup them. I just resend the files, which takes less time. Alternatively, you could use Cesium to backup RAM before a crash, although that takes some seconds.
I would use Cesium but cesium has made me reinstall my OS at least a dozen times :/
Sometimes Oiram crashes randomly so I just ungroup my RAM so I don't have to send it back to my calculator with a computer.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours