Ok, I know its, fourteen years past its time, but here is my first completed rpg. (I only need to add an ending after the boss). Wabbitemu glitched when creating the gif, but, since I don't feel like making another one, bear with it. And no, the contrast wasn't that dark, either. Very Happy
Arrow keys - move around
Mode - menu
Clear - exit all menus
There is a 1 in 10 chances that you cannot run from a battle (no chance if you're fighting a boss)

The battles are a lot smoother on an actual calculator - the figures don't skip to right in front of each other, they actually move.
Please let me know what you think!

The map uses strings, here is the download to get the lvl 8xp file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7tYBhSdXxlGdGt5a09iN2MyVGs

Switchblade wrote:
Ok, I know its, fourteen years past its time, but here is my first completed rpg. (I only need to add an ending after the boss). Wabbitemu glitched when creating the gif, but, since I don't feel like making another one, bear with it. And no, the contrast wasn't that dark, either. Very Happy
Arrow keys - move around
Mode - menu
Clear - exit all menus
There is a 1 in 10 chances that you cannot run from a battle (no chance if you're fighting a boss)

The battles are a lot smoother on an actual calculator - the figures don't skip to right in front of each other, they actually move.
Please let me know what you think!

The map uses strings, here is the download to get the lvl 8xp file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7tYBhSdXxlGdGt5a09iN2MyVGs

That's really cool! I was just thinking of doing something close to this, but you beat me to it xD
Great work! This really is reminiscent of early TI-community games. Looks like fun, I'll have to try this out Smile
Looks good man, I like the speed especially.
Thanks for your feedback, guys!

@_iPhoenix_ Feel free to use any ideas from it once I upload post a link to download the entire game. If you wanted, you could expand it, since there is only 1 boss and 17 maps. I just need to add the conclusion - what happens if you the boss defeats you, or you defeat the boss.

A you level up, you access skills, which are more powerful, and really graphical attacks. Here is a gif of them:

Switchblade wrote:
Thanks for your feedback, guys!

@_iPhoenix_ Feel free to use any ideas from it once I upload post a link to download the entire game. If you wanted, you could expand it, since there is only 1 boss and 17 maps. I just need to add the conclusion - what happens if you the boss defeats you, or you defeat the boss.

A you level up, you access skills, which are more powerful, and really graphical attacks. Here is a gif of them:

Nah this is your game, and it is awesome! Only you could stick to the theme that good! Smile
Ok, I don't care which way. I got some good ideas for the tilemapping from the rpgstarter.zip in the Omnimaga file downloads. Maybe you would want to check that out if you still want to make a rpg like this.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours