Added some updates, links will be updated as soon as the update on the archives is later than the date this was posted.

- Fixed [mode] control switch bug
- Falling blocks no longer fall instantly, they wait for a bit and then fall
- Jumping must be performed by pressing the jump button, can no longer just hold
- The counter counts down from 600 and Oiram fails once it reaches 0
- Bounding boxes on fireballs has been fixed
- When crouching and being forced through blocks, movement is in the facing direction
- Falling shells on top of Oiram are kicked rather than cause a fail
- Shells work properly on slopes and move faster
- Shells, tail, and fireballs no longer affect Reswob
- Star lasts longer

Level Editor fixes:

- Toggle grid option
- Added ability to export level image
- Less memory overhead
- Fixed bug with corrupted levels caused by pipes
- Shouldn't trigger antivirus software anymore
- Smaller program zipped size

Now can I please be left in peace Razz
I am genuinely sorry Mateo, but with the jump height being what it is, I can't directly port the levels from SMB1, because Oiram can't reach the platforms... :/
Pieman7373 wrote:
I am genuinely sorry Mateo, but with the jump height being what it is, I can't directly port the levels from SMB1, because Oiram can't reach the platforms... :/

Yeah I believe that's what Anonyme0 was saying so he proposed this PR. But I guess this is only an issue if direct level ports needing this jump height are wanted.
I made World 1 of Super Mario Brothers NES! (with a few necessary modifications) Enjoy!
https://github.com/Pieman7373/Pieman7373s-Oiram-Packs/blob/master/PmnNESW1.8xv
Pieman7373 wrote:

I uploaded a new version that fixes jumping height and adds the ability to jump like in the original game at different heights. Sorry that it didn't update in time for the pack; but feel free to edit it and upload to the archives if you want! Very Happy
I'm afraid I don't see it in the queue; I suspect someone already accepted it. Smile

Edit: Never mind, found the request; I'll deal with it as soon as I'm back at a computer.
I just tried Oiram in CEmu and, wow, is it neat. I didn't get very far however. Every time I tried to jump the ditch in Lv.1 I fell in... even if I was on the very edge. Do I need to do something special to get past that? (don't laugh, I know I'm not to good Smile )

Don't tell me if it'll spoil the game, though... Laughing
No you are doing great! You just need to hold the run key, which is [alpha] on a real calculator and ['] in the emulator Smile
Oh, lol, I didn't realize there was a run key! Very Happy Thanks!
I can't seem to get it working no matter what I try. I have 40kB of free ram on my 83 Premium CE. Do the other files/appvars also have to be in ram? Because then I certainly won't be able to run it Sad
Debrugger wrote:
I can't seem to get it working no matter what I try. I have 40kB of free ram on my 83 Premium CE. Do the other files/appvars also have to be in ram? Because then I certainly won't be able to run it Sad

Is this 40kB with or without Oiram? Because Oiram itself is like 35kB, but to run it, you need another 35kB, which is clearly not enough. You can always move other programs to the Archive, which is large enough Smile
Debrugger wrote:

Just archive all of your programs and use Cesium: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1372

It can run programs from the archive no problem.
I have a request for all of you that use this program Very Happy There have been some rare reports of a bug that will cause the screen to go black and the calculator to become unresponsive. Since this appears to happen randomly; I would much appreciate if you have any spare time to attempt to cause this bug to happen. While tracking it; please note the location in the level you were playing, how many times you had played the level, and other important information like that, including how long it took for the bug to occur since you started the program. Thanks for the help! Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
I have a request for all of you that use this program Very Happy There have been some rare reports of a bug that will cause the screen to go black and the calculator to become unresponsive. Since this appears to happen randomly; I would much appreciate if you have any spare time to attempt to cause this bug to happen. While tracking it; please note the location in the level you were playing, how many times you had played the level, and other important information like that, including how long it took for the bug to occur since you started the program. Thanks for the help! Smile

I don't think I've ever intentionally tried to kill my calculator before, but I'll try to find the bug! Razz
Could it be that they are using outdated libraries? Confused
I found a bug that allows for invincibility - if you begin to slide down a slope, then don't release the down button, you can walk/sprint normally, jump, and kill enemies by coming into contact with them. Not that it's necessarily important, but I found it on level 3 in your level pack, and can do it easily on the first slope.
Ahh, a bi-product of sliding to kill enemies no doubt, something that Mateo should be able to fix pretty quickly.

I have also sent a feature request to ticalc.org if it hadn't been done so already.
It's now featured at ticalc. Incredible work, Mateo!
Thanks for the feature request tr1p1ea! And thank you to everyone that has been a big help and offered support along the way Smile It's been a fun ride. I think I squashed the final bug with an update to the libraries, so feel free to check it out when you have a chance Smile
SAX wrote:
[#] [MateoC] Michael: You do realize I know excatly what the bug is; I just want people to post in the topic?

This is the second time my RAM has been cleared.

The first time was at the end of level 1. I was on top of the down arrow blocks and I walked too far to the right.

The second time was also on level 1, right after I got the fox tail or whatever it is. Somehow just seconds after having it, after jumping and walking and then using the special ability, it cleared my RAM. Not exactly sure how his happened, because I have gotten the tail before and it hasn't been an issue.
Uploaded an update to fix this; hopefully someone approves it soon :

JCodeJ wrote:
I found a bug that allows for invincibility - if you begin to slide down a slope, then don't release the down button, you can walk/sprint normally, jump, and kill enemies by coming into contact with them. Not that it's necessarily important, but I found it on level 3 in your level pack, and can do it easily on the first slope.

Also fixed. Smile

Also fixed a thing where being invincible wouldn't cause Oiram's tail to flash too.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 14 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours