Long time, no see, everyone Wink

123outerme's programming "group" Tilda^3 just got a new member...me! Of course, the first project I suggested to do was a puzzle game on the TI-84+.
The result of our creative processes? Short Circuit.

This is a demo right now, showing you each object you can place (in order, these are straight wires, curved wires, forked wires, crossing wires, AND gates, OR gates, NOT gates, and diodes). Those numbers above each object will end up being the amount you have left to use.

Here are the controls:
ARROW KEYS - move cursor
PLUS/MINUS - go through objects
MODE - rotate selected object
2ND - place object
ALPHA - erase

Download here. We also have a GitHub repository, if anyone wants to take a look at that.
can i download it for my ce?
huykhang wrote:
can i download it for my ce?

Sadly, no. This will not work on the CE. You can certainly try it, but it will not function properly due to the specific way this is coded. Sorry. Sad

On the bright side, here is a Tilda^3 game that you CAN play on the CE, and it will work on the monochrome model as well!
ok thanks
This looks really good so far JWinslow!
Pieman7373 wrote:
This looks really good so far JWinslow!

Thanks!

Also, I've updated it! Now, once you quit the game with CLEAR, the current runs until it can't anymore. Only straight wires, curved wires, and empty squares are programmed in.

Download is still at the original link.
This looks really great for a BASIC game! Keep up the great work! Smile
Thank you!
Wow! I can't believe it was written in TI-BASIC!
Thats amazing !

Good work Smile
That is incredible for TI-BASIC! Very Happy Are you using any hybrid libraries?
Wistaro wrote:
Thats amazing !

Good work Smile

Thank you! We pride ourselves in making quality games Wink
Switchblade wrote:

No, we are not using hybrid libraries. All of the sprite-like graphics are drawn using textsprites. Wink
JWinslow23 wrote:
Wistaro wrote:
Thats amazing !

Good work Smile

Thank you! We pride ourselves in making quality games Wink
Switchblade wrote:

No, we are not using hybrid libraries. All of the sprite-like graphics are drawn using textsprites. Wink

WOOH TEXT SPRITES!!!! Exclamation Good Idea Smiling Cat
cool game btw
Wait, what is text sprites? And how do you use them? Smile
Switchblade wrote:
Wait, what is text sprites? And how do you use them? Smile

These are very nice things, only for monochrome calcs (well, color calcs is possible too, but a lot harder). You can display one token/letter at a certain location. But if you draw for example a space 1 pixel to the right of that token, only the left column of pixels of the first token is visible. If you replace that space with other tokens/letters, you can make sprites by leaving one pixel column, and erase the others with something else. See http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/textsprites for a better explanation Smile
Thanks, I'll try to figure it out.
I appreciate everyone's praise of the game so far. JWins and I (read: mostly, almost exclusively JWins, and sometimes I) have been doing some hard work getting this project to life and giving it some fun gameplay! We're currently taking a small hiatus to figure out some of the mechanics and overarching gameplay aspects. We're getting back to work on the actual program, though!
Would you mind if I made a similar game on the CE?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours