Are you interested in such a project?
Yes
 85%  [ 12 ]
No
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

I am writing an evolution simulator (Which, to my knowledge, has never been done before, but correct me if I am wrong) on my TI-84 PCE and it generates lines that run near the most number of predetermined random points on a graph. It is written in pure TI-BASIC and is effectively consuming me.

KEY:
Red = urgent
Yellow = asap
Green = needs some refining
TO-DO:
Create some interesting GIF's
Create a usable UI
Optimizations + tweaks

If you have any questions or if you have a suggestion, please let it be known!

SOURCE CODE (V1.1.5):

prgmFITNESS:
http://pastebin.com/sussceAD
prgmLINEVOLV
http://pastebin.com/xU0SnDgA

SOURCE CODE DISCLAIMER:
The source code is designed for easy-to-understand-and-edit-ness (obviously a word) and not efficiency. I envision this idea being manipulated and changed to fit your needs.
This is truly fascinating, and I'd love to get some hands on that source
CalcMeister wrote:

Good news for you, the core elements are being tested, and a rather slow, but effective, source will be out soon. I am hoping the community can help me refine it and make it a little faster, as it can take 30min per generation.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
CalcMeister wrote:

Good news for you, the core elements are being tested, and a rather slow, but effective, source will be out soon. I am hoping the community can help me refine it and make it a little faster, as it can take 30min per generation.
That's what you have to expect for a BASIC program, slow but as precise as you can handle. How large is the file right now?
CalcMeister wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
CalcMeister wrote:

That's what you have to expect for a BASIC program, slow but as precise as you can handle. How large is the file right now?

It is a pair of files, and it is ~1.28kb. The files are [sic] in the Archives Queue.
Fascinating source code. What are you planning on adding?
I'd love to see some "interesting gifs" Razz
CalcMeister wrote:
I'd love to see some "interesting gifs" Razz

Yes, they are coming xD
CalcMeister wrote:
Fascinating source code. What are you planning on adding?

Potentially making a more efficient version, adding a user interface, and creating a way for you to see progress made in past generations.
Here are two little things that will help a little with speed. There is more to be done to get this to a usable state.

Code:
500→A
A→dim(L₁
A→dim(L₂
For(θ,1,A
randInt(00,50)→L₁(θ
randInt(­50,100)→L₂(θ
End

could be
randInt(00,50,500→L₁
randInt(­50,100,500→L₂

If rand>0.5:Then:­S→A:Else:S→A:End

should be
S→A

Repeat Ans
H+1→H:⌊FIT(H)=max(⌊FIT
End

could be
cumSum(binomcdf(249,0
sum(augment(Ans,250+Ans)*(⌊FIT=max(⌊FIT
(it costs 8 bytes and saves about 30 seconds, depending on where the max value is.)
mr womp womp wrote:
Here are two little things that will help a little with speed. There is more to be done to get this to a usable state.

Code:
500→A
A→dim(L₁
A→dim(L₂
For(θ,1,A
randInt(00,50)→L₁(θ
randInt(­50,100)→L₂(θ
End

could be
randInt(00,50,500→L₁
randInt(­50,100,500→L₂

If rand>0.5:Then:­S→A:Else:S→A:End

should be
S→A

I will implement the first one, but the second one is a glitch, and one of the S's should be negative.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I will implement the first one, but the second one is a glitch, and one of the S's should be negative.

The use ((.5-rand)<0->S (0.5 - rand is compared to 0, if it was < 0.5 then it is negative, or smaller than zero and thus returns 1. If it was >= 0, then it is still > 0 and returns 0.)
Nik wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

The use ((.5-rand)<0->S (0.5 - rand is compared to 0, if it was < 0.5 then it is negative, or smaller than zero and thus returns 1. If it was >= 0, then it is still > 0 and returns 0.)

I am working on a better version and this will be implemented!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours