Hello together!

This is my second go on a Raspberry Pi hearted TI-84+. (Note to mods: I really want to make this a new project without any affiliation to the old so I need a new topic).

I have decided for an early hardware version of the 84+ as it's PCB can be cut smaller than on the new versions.
For the keyboard and power management, I am going to use a Teensy 3.2 that will hook up to the 84+'es matrix.

The Raspberry Pi Zero is the perfect solution for the CPU since it is the smallest and the least power-hungry of all Raspberry Pi's.
For the power supply I will be using a slim power bank or an old Samsung Galaxy S3 mini battery (depending on how much space I have left).

To keep the authenticity, I am sticking to a monochrome LCD, however, mine is 128x64px and has the same physical size as the original screen:
Nice find with that monochrome screen! In fact, that should let you emulate everything from the TI-73 to the TI-86 except for the color-screen calculators. I will wait with bated breath to see how this leg of the project proceeds. Where are you going to start with building it?
I was trying to make a gamepad with a digispark pro which proved to be terribly unreliable. Switched to Teensy LC and it worked much better so good move.

Do you have ambition to develop a colour version somewhere down the road as well?
So... Any updates on this project?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours