Do you think this will be possible?
yes
 100%  [ 10 ]
no
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Hello Everyone!
I've decided to make my first project by making a recreation of the Oregon Trail video game. I am using PT's awesome Ice Compiler to make it. I am very new to this, so it may take many months to develop. So far, I have started designing and converting graphics for the game. Feel Free to ask any questions!

-OldNewTimer

The Wagon

First Look At Title Screen
OldNewTimer wrote:
Hello Everyone!I am very new to this, so it may take many months to develop. So far, I have started designing and converting graphics for the game. Feel Free to ask any questions!

The reverse is true as well, if you have any ICE questions/optimization tips, feel free to ask me anything!

Anywho, seems nice and goodluck! Very Happy
I've played that game before. It was awesome. Good luck!
The Oregon Trail trail is a fun game! Good luck! Smile
i wish you good luck and godspeed OldNewTimer! Very Happy
Good luck! Make sure you post screenshots of your work! Very Happy
Hello Again Everyone!

Thank you all for the support in getting this project underway! I have finished the menus for game and am now currently working on the shop to buy supplies for the long journey ahead. I don't have a lot of time to work on this between school and other activities, but I will try my best to complete it. Here are some screenshots of the game.

-OldNewTimer

Learn About The Trail

Player Type Select

I like this game a lot. Will it have support for anything below Ti 84? I only ask because if I am using a calculator, it's usually an 83 plus. I won't be dispointed if it isn't on 83, so if it is a hassle, don't worry about it.

Thanks
debrebeuf wrote:
I like this game a lot. Will it have support for anything below Ti 84? I only ask because if I am using a calculator, it's usually an 83 plus. I won't be dispointed if it isn't on 83, so if it is a hassle, don't worry about it.

Thanks

If you have the TI 83 Premium CE, disregard what I say below. It will work on your calculator. Otherwise, see below.

There is no support for the 84+ 83+ monochrome line of calculators, because this program is for a color calculator. As you can tell, by looking at the screenshots, it uses color, while the calculators you mentioned don't support color.

Now, if you want a monochrome version, I am sure there is one out there (though I may be wrong), but just google it!
This looks great, keep it up! I don't think I've ever actually played it but I vaguely recall the original.
Looks very polished so far! Keep up the good work Smile
Looks really great! Smile Did you have any problems with ICE so far?
debrebeuf wrote:

Thanks

As Unicorn said, the Oregon Trail will only work on the TI-83/84 CE. There is a version in basic for the TI-83 on Ticalc.org (http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/basic/games/rpg/text/basicoregon.zip) by JcN.

-OldNewTimer
PT_ wrote:
Looks really great! Smile Did you have any problems with ICE so far?

I haven't had many problems with problems with ice so far, most of them were just mistakes I made in syntax. The more I use it, the more I understand it. It really is a great tool! Very Happy

-OldNewTimer
Hey Everyone,
I haven't been working on the game much, but I have run into a few problems. After trying and trying, I still can't find out how to display a variable on the screen. This is necessary for the game so it can display how much supplies you have left. I've been trying to do it like this:

Code:

det(0
10→A
det(18,A,0,0
Pause
det(1

When I run it, a black line just goes across the screen.

If you see any problems with this, please let me know Very Happy

-OldNewTimer
You might check PrintUInt Wink
Thanks PT_, It works now Very Happy
Hmm, I'm just watching a TV series and one part of it is about... the Oregon Trail Very Happy

How is this game going? Any problems with ICE Compiler so far?
Hey Everyone!

Here's my to do list:
Make a To-Do List - 100%
Main Menu -100%
Game Graphics - 100%
Trail Shop - 100%
Game Statistic Mechanics - 100%
"Size Up The Situation" Menu - 100%
Make Wagon move w/ background - 100%
Trading/Towns - 100%
Rivers - 100%
Save/Continue Option - 100%
Hunt for Food - 100%
Fix Bugs/Improve GUI - 100%
Hello!

After a long gap in development... I've come back! The game still needs A LOT of work, but I'm making progress, slowly but surely. Ice has been great and has not given me any problems so far Smile Here's a demo of the features I have been working on:

The Shop (Finished) + Wagon Animation (Unfinished)

Thanks for the patience!

-OldNewTimer

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours