Hahaha I love the animation for the Blob Very Happy Looking great! Keep up the good work Smile
wow... that looks amazing
Another small update showing Sqrxz running animation, a couple of other enemies and simple status bar text at the bottom showing lives, sausages collected and the level number. I'll probably add a 2nd font for the status bar text to look like the original PC game.. Smile

The game is almost running fully as per the TI-85/86/83, etc. versions. Once it is, I'll start refining it further.

looks great! keep up the good work JamesV Very Happy
This is looking great, JamesV!
Wow looks awesome! You are making some serious progress with this project, very impressive.
Thanks all Smile

I've improved my font routines to now support multiple font packages (shown below in the status area). It's currently limited to monospace fonts, with the characters being 15x15 pixels maximum. But it allows for either textured or non-textured fonts, and the option for transparent font drawing if you want to maintain the background behind text, or opaque font drawing if you want to remove trash as the string is being rendered.

Wowie! Looking quite amazing, it is pretty awesome to see so many people releasing platformers right now Very Happy
The textured fonts are a great touch, the game is rapidly nearing completion!

You are right Unicorn, it's awesome indeed!
Looking fantastic! Very Happy Is there a particular palette used for custom fonts?
Looks really great and smooth. Keep up the good work! Very Happy
Looks super fast and really addictive... I like it! Very Happy Keep up the good work!
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Looking fantastic! Very Happy Is there a particular palette used for custom fonts?
Essentially, yes. Although it could be improved further if necessary to allow custom colours on the textured fonts. Non-textured fonts can already be a specified colour Smile

The game is pretty much finished. I just have a couple of minor bugs to iron out, and I also want to experiment with the possibility of having a larger play screen size. Additionally, I think I'll write a Windows world editor, as the old world editor supplied back in the TI-83/85/86 days needs Dosbox to run on modern computers, which is inconvenient.

Is it available for download yet?
Josiah_Smith_Z80 wrote:

For future reference, these are literally the most annoying questions you can ask on a forum. It will be quite obvious when it is available for download; but in answer to your question, no, it is not available for download.

Great work on this James! Very Happy
Josiah_Smith_Z80 wrote:
Not yet. I'll post a link in the thread once it's in the archives. But I haven't uploaded it yet.

The game is finished and I've done some final work today separating the sprite & title screen data into separate appvars to reduce the program size. The game file is less than 11KB. All other data & world files can be put in the Archive to save RAM space.

I also added a dark blue background to the play screen to give it a slight separation from the status bar and world details.

Now I'll start working on a Windows world editor Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Josiah_Smith_Z80 wrote:

For future reference, these are literally the most annoying questions you can ask on a forum. It will be quite obvious when it is available for download; but in answer to your question, no, it is not available for download.

Great work on this James! Very Happy

I'm sorry... being new to forums of any kind, I'm still learning.
And yes, James, the game looks totally amazing! Very Happy It must be insanely difficult to program something that complicated.
Have a chill pill everyone its not that annoying and its especially not obvious when you're new
EDIT: Nothing
#Tankidaboss wrote:
Have a chill pill everyone its not that annoying and its especially not obvious when you're new

*Swallows Chill Pill* Thanks Smile JamesV, I'm still impressed by how quickly this came along in asm; great work Smile

Josiah_Smith_Z80: You are doing great! I didn't mean to be rude about it; it is just a thing to note. Thanks for giving James support! Smile
yeah so you should be chilled
Edit: That's better Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours